Considering a Cabin Change on Serenade

I am thinking about a cabin change. Aft 9th floor to JS on 10th floor. The question I have is, how does the overhang affect the sun on the balconies of the Junior Suites near the aft of the ship? Is is so pronounced that they are in the shade all day? The overhang seems to be extreem and I wonder if there is any sun on those balconies. Thanks for the help.

There isn't much sun on ANY balcony, except, perhaps, the afts! Each deck is shadowed by the one above it! You will get sun either early am or late pm, depending on your direction. For actual "sunning" you really will need to go to the upper decks.

There isn't much sun on ANY balcony, except, perhaps, the afts! Each deck is shadowed by the one above it! You will get sun either early am or late pm, depending on your direction. For actual "sunning" you really will need to go to the upper decks.

I guess this may be true on Radiance Class ships, but not so on HAL ships like the Oosterdam. There is PLENTY of sun on the balcony (depending on the position of the ship:D . I have had many hours of sun, more than enough to get more than my alloted share for the day. I hope that this will also be true in the aft cabin I am currently booked in, or the JS I am thinking to change to. However, it seems like the enormous overhang above the deck 10 cabins will prevent sun for most of the day?

This picture would lead me to believe that the Deck 10 balconies are almost completely shaded by the upper deck overhang.....no sun at all except for very early or very late in the day. Not too good for sunning I believe. Anyone with personal experience with the JS on the Radiance Class for sunning on the balcony, please contribute here!

We were on Radiance last April in a JS on deck 10, cabin #1542-midship, starboard side. The overhang in that area extends out quite a bit. You won't be doing much, if any, sunning on the balcony. It's a great cabin though ...:)

We were on Radiance last April in a JS on deck 10, cabin #1542-midship, starboard side. The overhang in that area extends out quite a bit. You won't be doing much, if any, sunning on the balcony. It's a great cabin though ...:)

Thanks....that did it for me....I'll stick with my aft!

Archived