Tipping protocol for Supper clubs

showe0208

We will be on the Legend on the 8th (next Thursday) and can't wait to try the supper club. Is the gratuity included. If so , what percentage, and how much extra if any do you tip. Can you bring a bottle of wine to the Super Cub? I understand there may be a corkage fee. Thanks

The wine list in the supper club is a bit more extensive than elsewhere on the ship, never brought in my own, since I am the only one that drinks it, I usually just order a glass for dinner.

The tip is up to you. Your tipping for the service that you receive. We generally tip on the amount, since the cost of the dinner is $30.00 per person and the glass of wine was $11.50 we tipped based on $72.00, at 20% that came up to $15.00, we felt it was worth it. The best service received and the meal was great also.

YOu be the judge.

My understanding is that the $30 per person charged you IS the gratuity.

That makes sense since you have already paid for the food.

So... you are paying $60 for two, to receive top notch, individualized service... :)

Now... some folks do TIP on top of the $30 pp, but that is a very personal choice, and is not required.

We generally tip on the amount, since the cost of the dinner is $30.00 per person

The $30 is not the cost of the dinner. It is the service charge, which already includes the tip. If you wish to tip more, that's entirely up to you.

On the Carnival site (I can't find the page at the moment!) is states that the $30pp includes the gratuity. If you leave without tipping more, you are not stiffing them. If you have a great experience, and desire to add in a bit more - you'll have plenty of company (we usually add ~ $20 for the two of us).

Either way, have a wonderful time!

Tom

Archived