Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

I am going out on the Fantasy on Oct. 27

so we will get the party started and give you a

wave as we get off!!

I just wish we could get a 7 day cruise out of NOLA...

In Feb we will be on the Fascination so I am starting to make

the Fantasy ships my new favorites since the Celebration is

now gone.

You could have waited a couple of days and went with us. :p Most of the gang are arriving a day early are doing the Bloody Mary Cementary tour on Oct 31st. You do have a 7-day going out of New Orleans as I am on the first sailing Nov 23rd. (it just is not on Carnival:mad:)

Dave

It's definitely not a black hole! I would be willing to bet it is something having to do with storage for cabin stewards, etc... It doesn't seem like it would be an elevator, but you never can tell. It could be a service elevator. At any rate, I don't think it will bother you, whatever it is. It may be a blank wall on your side and the door is in the other hall... ;)

You could have waited a couple of days and went with us. :p Most of the gang are arriving a day early are doing the Bloody Mary Cementary tour on Oct 31st. You do have a 7-day going out of New Orleans as I am on the first sailing Nov 23rd. (it just is not on Carnival:mad:)

Dave

Oh, I loved that ship!! Hi, Dave!!

We are booked in Cabin V14. When I look at the layout of this floor there is just a blank space in front of our cabin. Can someone tell me what that is???? Elevators?? Stairs??? the black hole???:confused:

It is not stairs or elevator. More than likely it is the service room for the room stewards. Underneath is the Officer's quarters, above it is the Massage rooms.

Dave

We're looking at booking Category 6B somewhere in the middle on Main Deck. Any particular cabin we should stay away from?

Those close to the front and rear if you are prone to motion sickness. In the middle are the best as they have less movement.

Dave

Does anyone know if the inside rooms have a frig? I have just started taking medication that must be refrigerated and I will have to bring it with me.

I have never been on a cruise before, but I was told that the fantasy rooms have a mini fridge that is stocked with mini-bar stuff. You can request to have the fridge emptied so that you may use it.

Can anyone confirm?

We just got off the Fantasy out of New Orleans and in the suites they do have fridges but in the regular rooms the DO NOT. I was surprised by this b/c I read on here before that they did but I guess it depends on which ship it is really. Ours didnt have them in the regular rooms.

Danielle

We just got off the Fantasy out of New Orleans and in the suites they do have fridges but in the regular rooms the DO NOT. I was surprised by this b/c I read on here before that they did but I guess it depends on which ship it is really. Ours didnt have them in the regular rooms.

Danielle

Correct. Omly the larger, newer ships have a fridge in every cabin.

Correct. Omly the larger, newer ships have a fridge in every cabin.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know! I'll be calling my PVP and telling him so that he can arrange for me something.

Thanks for all the help!

Does anyone know if the inside rooms have a frig? I have just started taking medication that must be refrigerated and I will have to bring it with me.

It is my understanding that the insides do not have a fridge, but that you can request one in advance from your TA or NCL. I think if you explain that you need one for medical purposes, there shouldn't be a problem.

Woops - I thought I was answering this on the NCL Board - disregard everything I said.:rolleyes:

I might be mistaken, I think the insides do have a fridge on Fantasy.

No, they do not have a fridge on Fantasy. I have been in both inside & oceanview cabins.........and there is not a fridge. Only suite cabins have a fridge on this class of ship.

Brenda is correct, only the suites have them.

Dave

Dave,

You might remember me from the NCL Sun on 2/9/08.

Anyway I was wondering if you have heard from the wicked TA Jean?

I'm guessing that she got flooded out and I hope no worse in Indiana.

Sent her 2 messages a couple of weeks ago and got no reply?

You can E mail me if you like, meadowbrookowners@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

George

Dave,

You might remember me from the NCL Sun on 2/9/08.

Anyway I was wondering if you have heard from the wicked TA Jean?

I'm guessing that she got flooded out and I hope no worse in Indiana.

Sent her 2 messages a couple of weeks ago and got no reply?

You can E mail me if you like, meadowbrookowners@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

George

She emailed a day or so ago. Didnt mention any problems so I assume she is okay. Email sent.

Dave

Progresso: The colonial city of Merida may be of interest to some of you. Tours to the city are offered in the local market at Progresso for a reasonable price. Highly recommended!

They are $25 but you have to wait around until 10am to take one though. If you go around the corner to the local bus station, you can take a local bus to Merida for $2.50 round trip and get to the same place. Bus's leave every 15 minutes.

Dave

Dave,

Are these the busses that will take us to the "square" so we can get a carriage ride?

We are going to do all you suggested in Merida! Thanks for all your help and info.

Missy

If you go with the Auto-Progreso $25 tour from the Progreso town square, you will only have one hour in which to walk around the main square in Merida. If you go ahead and take the local bus on your own, you will have about 3 to 4 hours in which to wonder around. If you go to http://www.yucatantoday.com you can print out some maps which show where the bus stations are located in both cities.

Dave

Archived