Need info/Sensation Mar 1-4/07 trip

cdnprincess

I was supposed to be on the Carnival Sensation trip from Mar 1-4. The last bus to leave Orlando Int'l was 3:00. My husband and I were in the bus at 2:50. The bus did not leave the airport until 3:35pm. I have never been to Orlando nor Port Canavral but I did know it takes 40-45 min to get to port. We were waiting on some Delta passengers that were delayed. We were assured by the supervisor on the bus (from Carnival) that they are in contact with the ship and they know we are on our way. They even pre-boarded us on the bus so we can just run in and get our keys. Just as we pulled up to port the ship started to leave and left 17 passengers stranded. The time was 4:10 (ship was to leave at 4:00). Carnival has said they will not compensate because it is not their fault. (it was their bus that was late) The information I need is has any of your ships ever waited for late passengers and how long and what ship. I would like this info because I want to write a letter to Carnival and want to know if waiting 10min for 17 passengers was unheard of or not.

Thank you for your help

without sounding as if I am bashing you can I ask why you would waited so long to get into orlando? If this was the only fight I would have flown in the day before. If the bus had left at 3 pm it would have only given you 1 hour to travel 45 miles on a bus and go through embarkation. This cuts it to close. Did you book air and the transfer on your own or through carnival and did you have insurance? If you booked through carnival and had insurance you should get your money back. If not I would say you are out.

I guess I trusted the wrong people. We were suppose to come in at 1:15pm and were delayed for 40min. So we were late, but before we left Miami we got in contact with the bus company and were told that the last bus left at 3:00. The only way to get to Orlando was through a connection in Miami. I understand that you need time to get to the ship, but at no time were we told that it would be a problem. I knew I should have trusted my instincts (this will never happen again), but when I continuously asked about the time I was assured the ship would wait and that our plane was one of three that were delayed. You are not basshing me, I just need some info because I am being told different things here.

The primary question that people will need answered in order to help you out...

Did you book air transportation and transfers through Carnival or on your own?

Without knowing that, nobody will be able to give you a decent response...

Air was not booked through Carnival, but with a travel agent. It was however confirmed (I was sitting right there) with the Carnival agent and we were told the travel times were ok because the final bus leaves at 3:00. It was confirmed again when I filled out the Fun Pass and was asked about travel arrangements. I am not a seasoned cruiser and have found out the hard way. May I ask what the difference is if I book with Carnival or not? Would they have waited? I am not talking about re-imbursment right now. I am just asking for some info about late passengers and the procedures because I am constantly told that "this has never happened before" by the same people that left the airport late.

Our ship didn't pull out of port canaveral until around 6:30 on our July cruise due to people being late from orlando. The buses were stuck in traffic. We were in the dining room at dinner before we left........so I know they do wait sometimes.

Cheryl

On Legend sailing 2/12 they also waited--I sat on deck and watched buses arrive until a little after 5:00 p.m.

If you were using Carnival transfer to the port, I can't imagine them not waiting for their own transfer buses. Surely there is some communication between the ship and their transportation.

Thank you for your replys on the wait times. Yes it was their buses and they were in constant communication with the ship. I sat 2 rows behind and could hear. I could see the shock on the faces of the reps on the bus when we pulled in and the ropes were being pulled.

I know what you are talking about. We were in a similar situation with the Glory a couple of years ago.

Not only were you on their transfer but you were in the "care and custody" of their employees who were checking everyone in on the bus.

I can't believe the Captain was in such a hurry to leave, the first port is Freeport FTLOG you could almost row there and arrive on time. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your replys on the wait times. Yes it was their buses and they were in constant communication with the ship. I sat 2 rows behind and could hear. I could see the shock on the faces of the reps on the bus when we pulled in and the ropes were being pulled.

I am not one who is quick to judge, but in your case, I would be demanding full reimbursement for all expenses incurred related to this trip.

I hope you get some resolution to this quickly. How many were on the bus with you? What did the reps say? I would call your TA also, you need to speak with someone higher on the food chain.

I hope you get some resolution to this quickly. How many were on the bus with you? What did the reps say? I would call your TA also, you need to speak with someone higher on the food chain.

I have called everyone I can think of and everyone is getting a letter. I would hope someone would step up to the plate. There were 17 people from 3 different airlines.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

So. . . . what did the 17 of you guys do after the ship left? Did anyone go straight back home? To Disney World?

Were you able to salvage anything of your time in Florida?

Since you booked bus transfers through Carnival and the Carnival rep on the bus told you that they were in communication with the ship and the ship was suppose to wait, personally I think you have a valid complaint with Carnival. You mentioned that you used a Travel Agent to book your cruise. What are they doing to assist you with this and getting compensation? They should be your biggest advocate in bringing this to the attention of the corporate office and helping you get some kind of reimbursement from Carnival.

The information I need is has any of your ships ever waited for late passengers and how long and what ship. I would like this info because I want to write a letter to Carnival and want to know if waiting 10min for 17 passengers was unheard of or not.

Thank you for your help

Yes, once due to hurricane delays to fights we waited several hours. Just last month we were about 20 minutes late. We found out from a young CC couple we met that they were on a plane with 6 people with Carnival air and as they got off the Carnival Rep put them in cab, without luggage, to get them to the ship. Causing us to leave late, for six people.

Archived