HUH? Where was I lobster night?!?!

I was just reading reviews on the Millennium - we're thinking about booking it for Valentine's Day. Anyhow, if I read correctly...and I did re-read it three times...the reviewer stated the lobsters they received were huge - claiming them to be 6 pounds?!? OK, now, I'm not sure where I've been on lobster night but, I've always been lucky to get one little lobster tail (that's why I always order two), except on Princess where you do get twin lobsters... So if this myth of 6 pound lobsters are true...where do i get them!?! I have my lobster bib ready!

Vinnie

DANG,, I missed that Lobster train also....:p LOL, Vinnie,,, I really don't think I could eat a SIX pound lobster,, but hell I'm game I'll give it a try.... :D Where do we sign up for this cruise maybe they have FIFTY pound CHEESECAKES,, YUM,, :rolleyes:

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!! :D

Must be one big and old lobster to be six pounds. don't think I have ever seen one of that size available for purchase or consumption and I have done the lobster dinner stuff in PEI and Maine. Now a 6 ounce tail I could believe.

wow...I was trying to do a comparison in my mind....a 6 pound lobster? Lets see.......that would be just a bit larger than a 5 pound bag of sugar....OH MY GOSH....

I love lobsta.......but that would probably be over the top:eek:

This is a bit OT...but food related...did any of you see the FOOD NETWORK last night? "THE INTERNATIONAL CHOWDER COOKOFF"......from Rhode Island was shown~ there were 3 categories....Clam, seafood, and creative.....3 1st prizes, 3 2nds, and 3 3rds........the first weekend in June every year for 22 years now.

15,000 people show up...it looked FANTASTIC:D :) .

They even had a team show up from IRELAND! And he came in 2nd place!....

Smaller lobsters are more tender and flavorful than the big monsters so if you have the choice go for 6 one pound rather than 1 6 pound.

On Celebrity if you want that many lobster, just ask! They will bring you as many as you request (and our waiter Srgen was kind enough to remove the lobster from the tail for my wife)

LOIS

Yes I saw that show

God it all looked so good

Being from New England , we do have a lot of good sea food places and some of them do make awesome chowders , but the ones they had on that show were wild :)

:) Yes...those chowders looked AWESOME......you know how good it looked to me?....I was about ready to mark that weekend for next year...and see if I could go up!!.......

We have a "Shrimp Festival" here every year.......but that Chowder Festival looked waaayyy better.....the Shrimp Festival has lots of Arts and Crafts too.....all kinds of booths...which is fun!

But the one in Rhode Island looks like it is JUST FOOD:D

I'm sailing on Century for the first time in October so I'm wondering who can tell me if they got a lobster tail or a whole lobster?

I'm hoping for a whole one, cause the claws are my favorite part but, if it is just the tails, I'll try to be brave and make the best of it.:D

LOIS,

Yea they did look good

That cannot be that far from me as I am less than an hour from the RI border and RI isn't all that big.

We have a fair up here every year called The Big E , which is like a state fair for all the New England States all in one place. And each New England state is represented with their local specialties as well as the usual fair things and The Rhode Island house serves their chowder which is fantastic and the clam fritters which are fresh clams in a batter and then deep fried are out of this world.

The Big E is in West Springfield Mass. and is two weeks long usually last week of september and the first week of october. It is truly an eating frenzy *LOL*

LOIS

Oh it is ESPECIALLY THE FOOD *LOL*

they also have alot of country kind of things there like an old country fair

The farm animals and the rides and petting zoo and all that. Then they have this one pavillion that sells everything under the sun , a lot of those old fashioned carnival barkers selling every hold gadget that you see on the late night infomercials.

But its a nice day

ESPECIALLY THE FOOD

*LOL*

Archived