Easter Bunny on the Century??

dixiejen

Has anyone sailed on Century during Easter? I'm wondering if I need to pack Easter Bunny supplies for my kids -- although it would be hard to smuggle baskets in unnoticed!! Does the ship do anything special? Thanks

We were on the Century over Christmas and the ship was in full holiday mode, including Santa on deck 12 descending down to the pool area w/ his elves and gifts in tow. My guess is the Easter Bunny will make a grand entrance and provide lots of chocolate goodies! We will be on the Constellation over Easter collecting our own chocolate bunnies! Enjoy the ship, it is wonderful.

Christmas, yes. Easter, no. I have been on several X ships over Easter and have never seen an Easter Bunny. An Easter Religious Service, yes.

Saying that, I have only been on 12 to 14 night cruises over this holiday as they are generally more adult.

It just seems like something RCI or Carnival would do, not X. I would take with me what I needed for the kids and not depend on the ship. As for baskets, there are nice cloth ones that could be packed.

Hi Everyone !

I agree with Gail (Tuggers). We have sailed during Easter, and have not seen the Easter Bunny around the ship. However, it is possible they do something for the Children's programs, but I am too old for that :).

If it is important to you and your children, I would suggest taking some Easter goodies along with you, so you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy your Cruise !

We took a Celebrity cruise that ended on Easter last year, and I don't recall special Easter activities, but perhaps they would have had them if Easter had been a full day on the cruise. We told our son that the Easter bunny would leave a basket at our house (we hid it in advance, and that was the first thing he looked for when we walked in the door!)

thanks, everyone. seanchai -- i especially like the idea of saying the easter bunny left them at our house;)!!! and the fabric bags was a wonderful idea, too tuggers, if i decide to go that route. at any rate, thanks for the advice and great ideas.

and travelingmom -- i hope you have a wonderful cruise yourself!! hope you find lots of chocolate!!:D

ps -- when i asked about the Easter Bunny on the century, i assume you all know i only meant it rhetorically...... or did i??? hmmmm...:rolleyes: thanks again!!

We sailed during Easter 2005 aboard Horizon with our 2 kids. The children's program organized an Easter event aboard the ship that began with games out on the deck and then concluded with an Easter egg hunt in the Zodiac Lounge including an appearance by the Easter Bunny......

We were on the Century last Easter. At the pool side about 10 a.m. the Easter Bunny appeared, leading games and passing out candy. We remember commenting on how hot it had to be in the costume. But the Easter Bunny was a real trooper, and led the activities for about half an hour. We will be on board again this year. Your kids will love it.

having traveled over Easter, they do have the Bunny in the a.m. but nothing and i mean nothing is decorated anywhere. also i thought there might be a small space in one of the shops to purchase Easter candy, stuffed bunny . Just a little spot,

I am aware not everyone celebrates this holiday. There was nothing. I was so glad i brought my own.

Also no special entree or comment made during dinner. I packed my own Easter grass and chocolate eggs and bunnies. I was so glad i did

Enjoy your cruise ( just go prepared )

Nadine

Archived