Switching cabins?

I'll try not to make this too long...DH and I are going on the Freedom next month with a group of people. We are booked in a balcony room with a sofa bed (RCCL put us in the bigger room). Now we may be adding another person to our group and we are trying to find room for him. If the others can convince him to go with us, they want DH and I to switch rooms with another couple so that the new person can stay with the other couple and have the sofa bed. Our first reaction was no because I have visions of our reservation getting horribly messed up and we'll end up in a totally different section of the ship. I get seasick so we always make sure our room is right smack dab in the middle of the ship. If the move is successful, we would only be two cabins over. Now I'm feeling guilty and selfish because his wife passed away recently. Has anyone ever successfully switched rooms through RCCL? :(

I'll try not to make this too long...DH and I are going on the Freedom next month with a group of people. We are booked in a balcony room with a sofa bed (RCCL put us in the bigger room). Now we may be adding another person to our group and we are trying to find room for him. If the others can convince him to go with us, they want DH and I to switch rooms with another couple so that the new person can stay with the other couple and have the sofa bed. Our first reaction was no because I have visions of our reservation getting horribly messed up and we'll end up in a totally different section of the ship. I get seasick so we always make sure our room is right smack dab in the middle of the ship. If the move is successful, we would only be two cabins over. Now I'm feeling guilty and selfish because his wife passed away recently. Has anyone ever successfully switched rooms through RCCL? :(

I have switched more than once, even on the same cruise. It is very easy to switch cabins with RCCL. A phone call will do it.

But, why should you have to give up your choice of cabin for others? It is only my opinion, but if the other person joins the group, let those people find another cabin instead of taking your already booked better one. I feel it is a little too pushy of them.

You should not feel guilty and selfish at all.

That to me is asking too much of you. :(

The other concern you have is whether or not a triple room is available for your sailing. It may be more complicated than simply switching rooms. You should call RCCL or your TA.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I don't mind switching the room because the only difference is the sofa. I am just afraid RCCL will screw it up and we'll lose our balcony room. They've screwed up the reservations of a few in our group already so I am afraid to chance it. I just spoke to a coworker who was on the AOS in August and RCCL wouldn't change it over the phone. They had to wait until they got on the ship and even then, it wasn't right. That's a funny story I'll have to share at some point! Again, thanks for your help. :)

Archived