Question Re: E_Docs

Bermudamal

This is the first time we've booked a cruise and received E_Docs instead of the normal cruise docs by mail and have a question. Since we won't get luggage tags other than the flimsy paper ones we printed out with the docs, does anyone have any suggestion on how to keep them from falling (or being ripped off) the luggage by the baggage handlers? Thanks.

This is the first time we've booked a cruise and received E_Docs instead of the normal cruise docs by mail and have a question. Since we won't get luggage tags other than the flimsy paper ones we printed out with the docs, does anyone have any suggestion on how to keep them from falling (or being ripped off) the luggage by the baggage handlers? Thanks.

yes follow the directions on how to fold them and staple them on as suggested they work fine! Belive it or not.

We laminated ours ( We have a laminate machine at work) , and used small tie raps to put them on. .. but that may be overkill...

Nonetheless, it is a chintzy thing for NCL to do. Why not just mail out a supply to the passengers? Some of us were better at kindergarten stuff than others.

Maybe they should issue permanent tags to Latitudes members so that you could just slip in new cabin numbers.

I think I'll call and make that suggestion.

but then they are much harder to fold. I can attach one for any one to see and print out.

If you use a knife to score them first and then fold, takes the "hard to fold them" out of the question:D

Nonetheless, it is a chintzy thing for NCL to do. Why not just mail out a supply to the passengers? Some of us were better at kindergarten stuff than others.

Maybe they should issue permanent tags to Latitudes members so that you could just slip in new cabin numbers.

Direct guests automatically get paper docs mailed to them.....it's an agreement between the TA and NCL that allows NCL to send E-Docs instead of paper docs. If your TA had requested paper docs when they signed up w/ NCL, they'd get paper docs, too.....All guests who have a second set sent get E-Docs.

Direct guests automatically get paper docs mailed to them.....it's an agreement between the TA and NCL that allows NCL to send E-Docs instead of paper docs. If your TA had requested paper docs when they signed up w/ NCL, they'd get paper docs, too.....All guests who have a second set sent get E-Docs.

Sorry to disagree but we always book direct and have always recevied

e-docs. ;)

I placed my luggage tags flat onto clear packing tape leaving a little space at each end first and then looped them around and sealed them on all sides, then stapled them closed.

My fear is the printed ones getting wet and just coming off or my ink running. :eek:

Just be glad that you got one set of edocs.

I received my first set after final payment. Two weeks later I received a second set in which my name had been removed but my wife's name was still on it. I contacted my travel agent who looked into the matter and said that both of our names are still in NCL's records and that I shouldn't worry. A week later I received my third edocs, this time with both my name and my wife's names on it. Then another week later and I received a fourth edoc with both of our names still on it. Each time, the edoc had a different travel agent booking number on it but the NCL reservation number was the same each time and the cabin number was the same each time.

The travel agent couldn't explain why I was getting so many edocs from her main office except to say that they originate from the NCL headquarters.

You can call and insist on paper docs. I don't see why I have to go to Kinko's and laminate my luggage tags:( . Plus if you are going early you need to carry a stapler with you, I don't need this. Princess sends e-docs but right after final payment they send a packet with Shore Excursions, What You Need to Know and your luggage tags. NCL needs to do the same.

I placed my luggage tags flat onto clear packing tape leaving a little space at each end first and then looped them around and sealed them on all sides, then stapled them closed.

My fear is the printed ones getting wet and just coming off or my ink running. :eek:

That's an excellent idea! We're leaving Sunday on the Sun and, though it's not a top priority, I was concerned about the tags coming off. Good suggestion!

Do you normally put the tags on before your flight, or right before you get to port? I was concerned about them surviving the flight. We also are supposed to attach our travel insurance tag to our bags as well. Anyone else?

Thanks!

It may be chintzy, but Princess has adopted the same policy and other lines have or will follow. We got our first E docs from Celebrity about 3 years ago. Airlines have been doing this for years as well as now doing self check in.

As for luggage tags, as someone mentioned just get them at the pier. That is what we have done both times we have received e docs. I guess it is hard for many of us to accept changes. The self check in at the airports blew me away at first, now I love it. NMnita

Do you normally put the tags on before your flight, or right before you get to port?

Unless you have air through the cruise line, don't put the tags on until after you claim your bags at baggage claim and before you go to the pier.

I always put them on before checking in at the airport. If they loose a bag, there is still a chance that it will be routed to the ship. If you don't have a tag on your bag the only thing they can do is to send it back home.

Called NCL to no avail.

Told them would prefer permanent luggage tag to Latitudes pin.

Don't mind e-docs. My problem is with the tags.

What happens if you don't have computer?

Called NCL to no avail.

Told them would prefer permanent luggage tag to Latitudes pin.

Don't mind e-docs. My problem is with the tags.

What happens if you don't have computer?

Not a problem. As stated earlier, the porter at the pier is all ready for you with plenty of tags and a magic marker. You will be all set in a minute or two:)!

My agent has indicated that my e-docs will be available no later than one week prior to the cruise. I am plan to do some additional travelling prior to the cruise and will be leaving home a week earlier.

This is my first NCL cruise (and first experience with e-docs). Just want to be sure I am prepared.

Thanks for any info.

Archived