Searching for Passengers left @ Port

cdnprincess

...not sure what smarmy means:confused:

Smarmy - Marked by an insincere or exaggerated earnesness:

Sorry had to bug you there!! :D How can you tell my day at work is almost done. Actually you have been very helpful and I am now prepared for everything.

cdnprincess...

I hope it all works out for you. :)

We just recently went on a cruise, and our transportation from the hotel to the port was through the cruise line. There was a problem with the wheelchair lift and we were delayed for a bit. I would have been very angry had our ship left while we were sitting on a bus that was provided for us by the cruise line. Next time, we're taking a cab. But as you do these things, you learn what you will and won't do the next time around.

LOL...Gee, did you think I was talking about your posts? If you thought your post was respectful, why respond to mine?

Typical bully attitude. lol

because before you edited, you QUOTED my post and my post alone:rolleyes:

DUH! Typical CLOWN attitude...:rolleyes:

Carnival has so many resources that are "on demand" like people that show up at the airport once or twice a week

The contracted company will usually work for several cruise lines, one day your mysterious supervisor will have a Carnival badge, the next day, maybe Princess or RCI...

dood, do you know if that is that how it works with the agents at checkin? We were chatting with one of the agents on our last cruise and I was surprised that he didn't seem to know much about Carnival. I suspected that he probably worked for the cruise terminal and they just stuck a Carnival name badge on him.

dood, do you know if that is that how it works with the agents at checkin? We were chatting with one of the agents on our last cruise and I was surprised that he didn't seem to know much about Carnival. I suspected that he probably worked for the cruise terminal and they just stuck a Carnival name badge on him.

How funny would it be if all the cruisers start asking "who do you work for" to anyone with a Carnival uniform now.:D

Sorry had to bug you there!! :D How can you tell my day at work is almost done. Actually you have been very helpful and I am now prepared for everything.

No problem... I want you to be prepared, as I told you, I too am a victim of Carnival fine print, they SUPERSUCK because of it, I love the Carnival product and I will be back, but my very next cruise will not be with them.

Have a great day!

Some have reported that the Florida departures are employees, I have cruised out of FLL and Miami, and thought they were contractors, but don't know for sure, in Galveston and Long Beach, I have been told by "employees" with Carnvial badges, that they were contractors and worked for a company that contracted with multiple lines...

How funny would it be if all the cruisers start asking "who do you work for" to anyone with a Carnival uniform now.:D

"Hey, you in the Carnival uniform and Carnival namebadge! Do you work for Carnival?"

Hmm, does sound kind of funny. :D

Thanks for the response, MrDood. We left out of Galveston so you confirmed what I was thinking.

Yes, and....

There is another thread going on the RCCL board about a passenger that booked air through RCCL. When she got to the airport, they did not have a seat for her (or her family) and were bumped.

These three scenarios just goes to prove that passengers should not book anything through the cruise line, except for perhaps the cruise trip (I don't recommend that either.) We ought to put a "sticky" at the top of each cruise critic page warning people! lol

This reminds me of our first Disney cruise. We were at Disney World, and the reps checked us in for our cruise, before we even loaded buses to go to Port Canaveral. All we did when we arrived, was walk on the ship and receive our cards at the pursers.

I believe this is how Disney does their cruises. That is how it was for us in 2004 when we cruised Disney. Easiest transfer I ever had. But of course we had a group of 95 people also.

as i posted before, employees at pt canaveral, pt everglades and miami are carnival employees. the four canival reps at the airport were carnival employees!! yes, carnival, as well as many other cruise line contract out to a vendor for embarkation services.i beleive the company is cruise services usa. they have a website but i dont know it offhand

I believe this is how Disney does their cruises. That is how it was for us in 2004 when we cruised Disney. Easiest transfer I ever had. But of course we had a group of 95 people also.

It was an easy check-in, but not an easy transfer. :rolleyes:

It was the first and last time we took a cruiseline sponsored transfer service to get to a cruise. Since that was our first cruise, we didn't know that you could get on the ship before 2:00 (in those days, we could have been onboard by 11:00.) Our transfer didn't even begin until 11:00, and of course we had to go through the check-in before boarding, plus wait for the bus to fill up. By the time we left, it was close to noon, with a 50 minute drive ahead. The drive was very nice and exciting, but as I said, we could have been having fun drinks by then...had we known. :D

cdprincess - Why don't you go ahead and send a link to this thread to Mears and Carnival! :cool:

I still think it's Carnival's fault and not these Mears people. I agree with another poster when they said Carnival subcontracts out and then absolves it'sself of all blame. Carnival should pay the OP and the other passengers back and go after Mears themselves, not have the OP and the others go after Mears. Y would they do that? (That's more of a statement then a question.:D)

We did the transfer's from WDW and although easy, it was hurry up and wait. We waited for the bus and then the bus took us to a half dozen hotels before we left for the Port. I was really thinking of doing it again however from MCO because their buses (which are definately owned by Disney) are the coolest buses I've ever seen plus they play cruise "informercials" to get you excited about your trip. Very fun but since we are arriving the day before I think we might rent a car and park at the airport so we can be on our own scedule.

It is over a week since I posted so I'm not sure if anyone will remember my anxieties after reading the early pages of this thread.

Anyway, we travelled to Orlando via New York from Toronto last Saturday. We were due to land in Orlando at 2 p.m. and with what had happened to cdnprincess I was very agitated. Our journey was full of problems - broken luggage conveyor belt in Toronto causing our flight to be delayed; a change of runways in New york because of high winds - causing us to circle around waiting for a free runway; then another delay out of New York. We arrived in Orlando sometime after 3p.m. and after getting our luggage it was after 3:45 before we met the "Carnival Reps." They wore Carnival name tags, Carnival clothes and told us that the Carnival Glory was waiting for us - "of course" - Those words are a quote!! Were they Carnival employees?? - I didn't have time to ask and none of them came on the bus with us. There were 48 people on the bus so I'm sure that is one reason the ship waited. We left the airport at 4 p.m.

The driver set off very quickly and we arrived at dockside at about 4:45.

There were only a few "employees" waiting to process us and they seemed surprised that nothing had been done on the bus.

As the last of the group crossed the gangway it was pulled up and we were off within a couple of minutes. The muster drill was taking place as we were being processed so we missed that.

I have to say that the whole day (and previous days) exhausted me and I had a very early night.

I will be posting on another thread about the actual cruise - yes, we had the jumper situation during our trip - so it is definitely one to remember.

I will continue to read this thread and I hope that it will be good news for cdnprincess. People who do not have a legal background and who travel with the expectation that companies will be fair to their clients are in the majority. We expect that everything will be done to ensure the integrity of the transaction. I would hope that Carnival would recognize that and reimburse when it is appropriate.

There was an article in our paper today (Dallas Morning News) about writing complaints. He said

"It's not just who gets a complaint letter that matters, it's who else gets it."

Here is what he said about cruises.

If you had a problem on a cruise, copy the Federal Maritime Commission (complaints@fmc .gov), which sometimes can mediate disputes on your behalf: Federal Maritime Commission, 800 N. Capitol St. NW, Washington, DC 20573.

ok, since its a cruise site I guess I can't print the addy.

So here is the story.

Date: March 1, 2007

Bruise: Denial Of Service

Bruise Location: Florida

Home Town: South Carolina

Cruise Line: Carnival Cruise Lines

Ship: Miracle

Details

Our boat was to set sail Thursday March first. Well, that happened however we were not on it. The trip WAS paid in full to Carnival including air fare. We called two weeks prior to the trip with concern of plane delays, because the flight seemed to be pushing time a little.

However we were assured that we wouldn't be left and if for some crazy reason we were Carnival would get us a hotel until they could get us to the next port of call. We felt comforted by our booking agent so we continued to pack and get things together for our trip. As well as put in our vacation time at work and made arrangements for our children to stay with family so we could enjoy a peaceful relaxing weekend alone.

On the morning of March 1st we arrived at the Charlotte airport at 7:00 am. Our flight left at 8:45 for Miami Florida we arrived there around 10:15. Our next flight (to Orlando) was to leave at 11:45 but it was delayed one hour. I called Carnival and told them about the delay and the lady on the phone said there were lots of delays that day and that she didn't know if the ship was going to be on schedule. She assured me that as long as we were on the bus by 3:00 everything would be OK.

Our plane landed at 2:19 pm. We went to baggage claim where we met a Carnival rep. We got our bags and she directed us to the bus. We got on the Mears bus at 2:40. There were 15 people counting us on the bus at that time. The Carnival reps began to check us in on the bus all the while they are saying we are good on time. We sat there for nearly 50 minutes

waiting on four other people to get on the bus.

Why we weren't taken to the ship when there are hundreds of other Mears transportation Vehicle at the airport is beyond us. The bus took off for Port Canaveral at 3:30 pm!

The entire time we were driving there the Carnival Reps were talking to

the ship. They lead us to believe everything was fine and the Captain was

waiting on us.

When we arrived at Port Canaveral just in time to see the blue ropes going up the sides of the boat and the ship sail away! We arrived there at 4:10! After a long spill of this has " never happened before" they took us back to the Orlando airport.

We arrived there at 6:00 pm. We were given two options they would try and fly us home on Friday (which still meant we had to get a hotel for Thursday that night (OR fly us to Nassau on Friday)

BUT WE HAD NO PASSPORTS BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD WE DID NOT NEED THEM FOR THE CRUISE) so that was not an option for us. During all this time of debate I was on the phone with customer relations for 1 1/2 hour and got NO answer other than" get a hotel tonight then go home on Friday." The Carnival reps walked away!!

We never saw them again. We were left at the airport check in with NO transportation, NO direction, and NO solutions.

We had never been to Florida before and knew of NOTHING that was

around. At this time it was 9:00 and we were emotionally and physically

drained. We had to do something in order to get out of the airport.

We got a hotel and the next day called our Carnival booking agent. She was very apologetic however she was unable to give us ANY answers nor was her supervisor. We spoke to her several times through out the day and

still nothing!! We were told it was under review and would be for three to

four weeks. Carnivals reps lead us to think they were NOT going to refund

the money because it was not their fault!! We are not OK with that

decision.

Not only did we have to out of pocket pay for a hotel but we had to

pay for food and a rental car as well. We paid Carnival $1400.00 to fly

to Orlando and be dropped off with nothing and have a MISERABLE time!!

We feel we are most definitely entitled ALL of our money due to the lack

that had the bus left ON TIME we would have made it to our ship without any problem. What was supposed to be a great weekend turned out to

be a complete nightmare!!

I still think it's Carnival's fault and not these Mears people. I agree with another poster when they said Carnival subcontracts out and then absolves it'sself of all blame. Carnival should pay the OP and the other passengers back and go after Mears themselves, not have the OP and the others go after Mears. Y would they do that? (That's more of a statement then a question.:D)

I agree and I don't care what their fine print says. Mears was contracted by Carnival to provide a service which the OP paid directly to Carnival for that service. That service wasn't provided for and that was to get them to the ship before it left. Carnival needs to do the right thing for the OP.

I work for a commercial general contractor and we subcontract out 70% of the work. Do you think when the owner has a problem with one of our subcontractors that they go directly to the subcontractor to hold them accountable? NOPE. The owner holds, us, the General Contractor liable for the subcontractor's actions. The General Contractor then in turn makes the subcontractor accountable. This is how it should be with Carnival. Carnival makes it right with their customer, the OP and then Carnival goes after Mears.

Now is Carnival obligated to reimburse the OP. Probably not as per their FINE PRINT, which is a legal tactic to make them not accountable. (I know my boss would love that legal loophole in his contracts, HA!) However, SHOULD Carnival do the right thing and reimburse the OP. Yes they should!

Just a question, regarding the similar story, is the ship name correct? Because the Carnival Miracle doesn't leave from Pt Canaveral, nor does it ever leave on a Thursday. If the correct ship is the Sensation, then it sounds like the same sailing quite possibly, and if not the OP, then perhaps somebody else who was also on the late transfer bus.

ok, since its a cruise site I guess I can't print the addy.

So here is the story.

Date: March 1, 2007

Bruise: Denial Of Service

Bruise Location: Florida

Home Town: South Carolina

Cruise Line: Carnival Cruise Lines

Ship: Miracle

Details

Our boat was to set sail Thursday March first. Well, that happened however we were not on it. The trip WAS paid in full to Carnival including air fare. We called two weeks prior to the trip with concern of plane delays, because the flight seemed to be pushing time a little.

However we were assured that we wouldn't be left and if for some crazy reason we were Carnival would get us a hotel until they could get us to the next port of call. We felt comforted by our booking agent so we continued to pack and get things together for our trip. As well as put in our vacation time at work and made arrangements for our children to stay with family so we could enjoy a peaceful relaxing weekend alone.

On the morning of March 1st we arrived at the Charlotte airport at 7:00 am. Our flight left at 8:45 for Miami Florida we arrived there around 10:15. Our next flight (to Orlando) was to leave at 11:45 but it was delayed one hour. I called Carnival and told them about the delay and the lady on the phone said there were lots of delays that day and that she didn't know if the ship was going to be on schedule. She assured me that as long as we were on the bus by 3:00 everything would be OK.

Our plane landed at 2:19 pm. We went to baggage claim where we met a Carnival rep. We got our bags and she directed us to the bus. We got on the Mears bus at 2:40. There were 15 people counting us on the bus at that time. The Carnival reps began to check us in on the bus all the while they are saying we are good on time. We sat there for nearly 50 minutes

waiting on four other people to get on the bus.

Why we weren't taken to the ship when there are hundreds of other Mears transportation Vehicle at the airport is beyond us. The bus took off for Port Canaveral at 3:30 pm!

The entire time we were driving there the Carnival Reps were talking to

the ship. They lead us to believe everything was fine and the Captain was

waiting on us.

When we arrived at Port Canaveral just in time to see the blue ropes going up the sides of the boat and the ship sail away! We arrived there at 4:10! After a long spill of this has " never happened before" they took us back to the Orlando airport.

We arrived there at 6:00 pm. We were given two options they would try and fly us home on Friday (which still meant we had to get a hotel for Thursday that night (OR fly us to Nassau on Friday)

BUT WE HAD NO PASSPORTS BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD WE DID NOT NEED THEM FOR THE CRUISE) so that was not an option for us. During all this time of debate I was on the phone with customer relations for 1 1/2 hour and got NO answer other than" get a hotel tonight then go home on Friday." The Carnival reps walked away!!

We never saw them again. We were left at the airport check in with NO transportation, NO direction, and NO solutions.

We had never been to Florida before and knew of NOTHING that was

around. At this time it was 9:00 and we were emotionally and physically

drained. We had to do something in order to get out of the airport.

We got a hotel and the next day called our Carnival booking agent. She was very apologetic however she was unable to give us ANY answers nor was her supervisor. We spoke to her several times through out the day and

still nothing!! We were told it was under review and would be for three to

four weeks. Carnivals reps lead us to think they were NOT going to refund

the money because it was not their fault!! We are not OK with that

decision.

Not only did we have to out of pocket pay for a hotel but we had to

pay for food and a rental car as well. We paid Carnival $1400.00 to fly

to Orlando and be dropped off with nothing and have a MISERABLE time!!

We feel we are most definitely entitled ALL of our money due to the lack

that had the bus left ON TIME we would have made it to our ship without any problem. What was supposed to be a great weekend turned out to

be a complete nightmare!!

Interestingly weird! :confused:

Just a question, regarding the similar story, is the ship name correct? Because the Carnival Miracle doesn't leave from Pt Canaveral, nor does it ever leave on a Thursday. If the correct ship is the Sensation, then it sounds like the same sailing quite possibly, and if not the OP, then perhaps somebody else who was also on the late transfer bus.

That can't help your case naming the wrong ship. Makes you sound like a troll.

Bill

Just read the post. I know it was Sensation. I have that embedded in my brain. It does sound the same as my story and the Carnival reps are exaclty like I described. Were you on my bus????? Please answer

The way this poster has described is exactly how we felt. I wonder if we were on the same bus. I don't want to give out my name, but we were coming in from Toronto, and my husband was the one freaking out on Linda. Who are you? Were you the lady that had the 5 month old at home? or the lady that was on the cell phone near the elevators and passed the phone to me at one point or the couple that lost their luggage. Were you on the AA flights? Sorry for all the questions, but interesting that we are telling the same story now.

Just read the post. I know it was Sensation. I have that embedded in my brain. It does sound the same as my story and the Carnival reps are exaclty like I described. Were you on my bus????? Please answer

The way this poster has described is exactly how we felt. I wonder if we were on the same bus. I don't want to give out my name, but we were coming in from Toronto, and my husband was the one freaking out on Linda. Who are you? Were you the lady that had the 5 month old at home? or the lady that was on the cell phone near the elevators and passed the phone to me at one point or the couple that lost their luggage. Were you on the AA flights? Sorry for all the questions, but interesting that we are telling the same story now.

CDN,

Write the web address down in case they delete this posting...

http://www.cruise-bruise.com/

Steve

Archived