Notifying the Dining Room?

trubey

Sorry, this is a newbie question.

If I feel like dining in the Lido or the Pinnacle, should I tell the main dining room in some way, so our dinner partners, whomever they may be, don't get stuck waiting for us 20 minutes only to finally surmise we're not coming?

Lane

On my cruises I have told the people on the first night that if we are not there within 15 minutes then we made other plans. We will not go into the dining room late.

Its a nice thing to do as some waiters will hold waiting on the table til all parties are seated.

We let our dining stewards know we plan to dine at Pinnacle the next evening. There have been times we have been invited to dine "elsewhere" but the Maitre d' knows when that happens.

If you know ahead of time what night you won't be at dinner, you can just let your table mates and waiter know the night before you won't be there on such and such a night.

Or if something spur of the moment comes up, just call the dining room and let the Maitre D know.

If you know before hand you can tell your tablemates or waiter. If it is a last minute thing, oh well, your tablemates will understand. I am not sure that calling the Maitre D will make any difference.

We changed to a later seating after the first night (all done through the Maitre D) and found out after dinner the second night that the waiter or waitcaptain of our section for the eariler seating were never notified.

Of course we found out from a couple who we had met at dinner on the first night who proceeded to tell us how worried everyone was when we didnt show up for dinner on the second night.

Archived