The Cunarder

Fifer

I expect it takes longer when its hand delivered by your butler!;)

Peter

PS Do Queens' Grill Passengers not get ads in their posts?

Gieves, Fortnums and Bentley are permitted, as I understand.

Matthew ;)

When introducing the Queen's Room the chap mentioned the 'Iconic:eek: Cunard Balls' - including the Mardi Gras ball. Has anyone heard of a Mardi Gras Ball on Cunard? He also mentioned that he'd been in Sydney the week before - for the QE2/QM2 visit. I wonder if he was mixing a few things up.....Who is this Freud? Is he a Passenger?;)

Peter

I guess I never realized Cunard's balls were icons. What do they look like? Can I use one for my avatar! (Whew! I almost said the Queen's... no, never mind!)

For some reason I thought I heard someone mention a Mardi Gras- Maybe on a Spain trip? (Where they do celebrate) Or maybe I'm tired an dremembering something I really did not read. Who knows!

I too, am getting a bit tired of icon this, classic that!

Oh well,

Advertising and their hyperbole

Karie, who hasn't used up the QM2 yet. Can't move on the the Vickie!

Penny, Don't hold your breath. I have been waiting for 6 years despite phone calls and promises from Cunard personnel on board.

Aloha, Patti

Well then Patti...that's encouraging news!! I guess I shouldn't believe the gal at Cunard who said I'd be getting mine shortly!:rolleyes:

Oh well...it would appear we're in good company if Matthew hasn't gotten his either....then again, I don't have a butler to have deliver it;) Sorry Matthew...my evil twin got the keyboard...she just couldn't resist!! ;)

Cheers, Penny...who doesn't think South Carolina is THAT hard to find

1) The woman in the "long window" pic looks terrible depressed...and iconic! <G>

2) Penny, don't they still have pny express in South Carolina?

3) I will have to speak to Jeeves about not bringing mine in from the post straightaway! Oh, and when we DO get ours, it comes to Marc, not to me, and I am the one who makes the bookings! Hmmph!

Karie,

who thinks that is just plain sexist!

Cheers, Penny...who doesn't think South Carolina is THAT hard to find

South Carolina isn't hard to find - - maybe only Cunard's mailings can't find it. We have a daughter who lives in Greenville with her family and we make our (long) way there at least once a year from Hawaii, usually on our way to New York for a QE or QM sailing.

Interesting article in today's Sun (tabloid schlock horror for the cousins - though much better written than many of the 'serious' papers) is an article on P&O's new 'superliner' (aka 9th 'Grand Class' - so she's marginally more 'unique' than the QV) - VENTURA. It has an interesting take on 'Britishness' for the Brits, in contrast to 'Britishness' for the Cousins - which is what we are getting in the QV. An excerpt:

The ship celebrates the best of British with everything from Noddy in the kids’ club to Tate Modern art, as well as restaurants designed and run by chef Marco Pierre White. Ventura will also include the first Scalextric at sea — a giant six-car digital racetrack — and a 3D cinema. P&O’s Philip Price said: “Everything from the food to the entertainment will be immediately familiar to our British guests. “Nobody knows better than us how to keep British cruisers happy.”

Full article:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001330003-2007120103,00.html

Also (brand portfolio differentiation) helps explain why Cunard is getting the Disney version of Britain.......

Peter

Who does NOT Endorse 'Quick Books Pro 2006' (or whatever the pop-in ad now says!)

..... Also (brand portfolio differentiation) helps explain why Cunard is getting the Disney version of Britain.......

Peter

... and why P&O (The Sun also calls Ventura a liner!!!!) is getting the 'Butlins' version of Britain :eek:

Re: Pop in ads for certain <ahem> Ask your doctor-type items

Question is, does she grimace, or go, Hmmm! In a positive way!

Could make all the difference.

What if she saw the chick who wanted to take her short off and turn it inside out?

Okay, from previous discussions,I figured Butlins must be like our Poconos, or Catskills- Kind of "camping" (You know, American idea of roughing it- Log cabin "Cottage" with dishwasher and disposal, on stage entertainment like Shecky Green- You don't have to know who he is, just that his mother named him Shecky, and he lived to tell about it! Then again, some of your popular British names would get laughed off the second grade playground over here!) But maybe I guessed wrong at what this Butlin's is. What sort of place. Is it resort areas? Hotels? camps? What sort of place. i saw it referred to in an article recently.

I figure it's kind of hokey and tacky. But just what is it?

Karie,

who only asks, s she'll know where NOT to go if she ever gets to England!

"Hello, yes, I'd like to know if I can get a copy of the Cunarder and the DVD about Victoria."

"I'll check... No, no there is no DVD."

"No?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Then perhaps you can explain how some of the people on a certain website were talking about it. Just for laughs and giggles, I mean."

"Simple."

"Yes?"

"Mass hysteria, sir."

"Really?"

"Yes. Happens all the time."

"Well, can I get a Cunarder, at least? Without the non-dvd?"

"Certainly."

"You're too helpful."

"Yes."

And so it went. Or something close. And then I looked around and found out that the Cunarder-with-dvd everyone is talking about is only available in the UK.

No dvd for my daughter. But my Dunarder is on the way.

HURRAH!

No dvd for my daughter. But my Dunarder is on the way. HURRAH!

And you can see (virtually) all of the footage on the DVD on the web - I don't think there is anything new about the QV on the DVD that is not on the QV website - just click 'play movie'.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/qv_experience/

AND you don't get multiple 'Classic Cunarder' purple prose.....

Peter

Archived