Bon Voyage Jackie, Paul & John

Martita B.

Bon Voyage!! Wow - so many of us here are going on sailings this month.

Sob! Not all of us. I hope someone will take pnotos of the tug-of-war, especially 'my favorites' the Pursers.

Jane (who loves the gnocchi and asparagus entree and often has it as an appetizer portion)

Thanks for the send off.

Jane and others, thanks for all the recommendations of food. I've been making note of them. Gnocchi and asparagus sounds divine. Let's see if I remember everything I have to try: goat cheese souffle, parade of creme brules, breadsticks, lobster, lobster, lobster, but pass on the escargot.

I'll report back on our impressions of Seabourn when we return. I'm on a computer and the internet at work all day so am looking forward to being unconnected. No laptop for me, no way!

Jackie

Here's my favorite hint, in case you missed it.<G> I often ask for an appetizer portion of an entree instead of the usual appetizer choices. And, if the options are fillet or lobster tail, you can always have both. Nothing like surf and turf. I also like the Steak Night at '2', but you can request the rib eye steak for the dining room with 24 hours notice.

Jane (Obviously quite bored with 'Lean Cuisine' since I got home)

I will be heading out to Charlotte tomorrow evening for my flight on Saturday morning !! Packed too many things as usual but I did cut down on pairs of shoes as I only have 4 pairs this time !! I've got the house spic and span for my return and I even cleaned the inside of the washing machine:D I usually clean the refrigerator too but I have not had any food in it yet so I let that go for now . Miss M !! I will call tomorrow evening later !!:) Looking forward to meeting the other cc'ers and I know that we will have a nice time. This will be my first warm voyage since 1999 so finally I'm getting some warm sun !!! I wish all of the Pride crossers a safe and happy crossing !!!:)

Just had a nice call and visit with John~~ he is in Charlotte and will fly on to St. Thomas in the morning.

He'll be meeting Paul tomorrow evening at the hotel.

Bon Voyage "Sailor Boy's"~~~have a super grand voyage!:p

Martita B.

Thanks for all the well-wishes...all has gone "perfectly" well since embarking, at Havensight.

Lots of new faces and old friends, too. Maciek is back, and at the Club this week. Same smile, same Maciek!

Several hosted tables so far; declined one today to sit at a smaller table. It's just impossible to have a nice dinner "chat" if you have to yell to the end of the 10-top! The idea is great, and I appreciate the invitations, but the logistics....!

Formal night was last night (our one sea day), and everyone looked very nice, indeed.

Beautiful, hot, partly cloudy weather so far, with relatively calm seas. Another perfect week on Seabourn (so far)! I'm hoping we continue the luck for our Beach BBQ Saturday at Virgin Gorda/Prickly Pear. Now I have to decide: excursion before the BBQ or get there early! (Life's full of tough decisions.....! LOL)

Thanks to all for your well-wishes! Will try to do more posting, and/or answer questions if possible, as the week goes on. Time to get ready for SailAway from St. John's, Antigua in a while....

Paul

Paul--if it offered. swimming with the dolphins is a wonderful experience. Be sure to take a camera (or be prepared to spend A LOT for the photos taken of you). It's a bit touristy but still a really neat time--for me, at least.

You may be late for the beach BBQ but I thought it was worth it.

Winnie

Paul,

I agree with Winner, the "swimming with dolphins" got rave reviews from our dinner partners in December 2005. They had a small group and, because of the small size, they got to "swim" with the dolphins twice as long as advertised. I did not take that excursion - I took "the Baths" which I would personally recommend if you are ambulatory!

In December 2006 I did not take an excursion and I was on the second tender over to Prickly Pear. While I enjoyed "sleeping in," I didn't feel like the "excurionists" missed anything at the lobster and caviar barbeque. If your tour is tardy, SB will keep the "fish egg" (as BBird would say) surfboard afloat until you arrive. Whichever you choose, Virgin Gorda is a beautiful island with decent roads.

I'm glad to hear you're having a good time!

johnny

I am sure Eric will tell his story of Swimming with the Dolphins. I have never been to Virgin Gorda and so enjoyed my island tour. The trip OVER THE MOUNTAIN was interesting. :eek: And you stop at the top to spy the Legend. Once we got to the marina, it was HIGH SPEED tender ride to the BBQ. One problem we had was I was on tender group 2 going over to get on tour. We waited and waited for the people in tender group 3 LOL,,, do not know what was wrong with the other tender but Lifeboat number 4 putted over :p with the last group of passengers.

A Legendary Good Morning to all! Anchored here...looks to be a beautiful, calm day, and our schedule calls for a Marina time this afternoon, so I may get to water ski before Virgin Gorda! :D

Matt: Lucky Boy I am! The suite (101) is really nice! Just the little "extra" room makes it so much better! I had a little CC get-together the first morning, along with a few other "guests" I met along the way. I actually ran into some old friends from Memphis on board; neither of us knew we would all be sailing together this week! We had such a good time meeting that only the Cooking Demo scheduled could break up the party! :)

Winner & Johnny: I did a "Trainer for a Day" at Puerto Vallarta last year, which was a wonderful experience...all the programs they had (including a "swim" with their seals!), plus behind the scene info, made for a truly spectacular "dolphin event"! I probably will pass on another "lesser" tour, simply because of my full-day experience in PV. ;) I may visit the "Baths" (as I am still ambulatory!!).

So far, the internet access has been steady, but sloooooowww. It takes so long for CC pages to load; for my mail to be "read", etc., that I have to do the log on/log off routine, or my minutes would go "poof"!!! This is the only part of the SB experience where one must "wait"!!!

Will try to check in later today, after the Watersports!!

A good day to all SBers, at home & at sea!!

Paul

Paul

Happy to hear you're enjoying your suite~~and yes, #101 seems to have a'lit more room. I know your Guests had a great time at the "social" and appreciated your hosting the get together.

I had a birthday card and message yesterday from EricDeGray.He said you "Sailor Boy's" had settled in and seemed to be having a

nice time.

John had told me earlier that you two would be visiting "Le Select" and having a "Cheeseburger in Paradise"~~when walking back to the

tender boarding area, on your right hand side, do go in the French grocery store~~~many wonderful/unusual items. You may want to pick up a pkg. of French meringue cookies or a box of delicious candies for your Stewardess~~~or for your favorite waiter/bar tender. I feel bad for the Sky Bartender, as he never has an opportunity to visit the Ports. (on duty from 10 to 10)

I know the food is 10*~~~best french fries in the world~~a'long with a few other items we can think of.....:D

Have a continued wonderful sailing and thank you for taking your valuable time to post on our board!

Martita B.

Hi Paul

it is great to read your report! i hope that Majeik has kept your place at the bar like last time, has he printed out a card with your name on again? it made me laugh last time!

Say hi to him for me and i hope that he will there in June when i am on the Legend

Take care and have a great time

deb

No, no reserved sign for me this trip, although Sasa has been very attentive to my needs! LOL!!!

Maciek has been in the Club lounge...won't bother to mention that I helped close it down last night! Wonder where all those "shooters" came from???? And wonder how many I did???? OMG!!!!

Getting ready for dinner tonight...a beautiful day at Paradise Point for the Beach BBQ.... the caviar was delivered right on schedule!

We've pulled away from Virgin Gorda, but will "drift" most of the evening for calm seas while dining... and "Name That Tune" is on the schedule for the evening...one contest I might have a chance at helping a team.....(!)

Capt. Anderson has been visible & available all of the cruise. As I left the Sky Bar a while ago I thanked him for making this week the best yet for me. Don't know how the crew could be any better...

Last night was a crew party for St. Patty's day. From what I heard, only one crew member is Irish, but the celebration was on! (from 11pm 'til 2 am). A friend I've met on board and I both ordered caviar for 4, and had the order, plus our vodka in our rooms removed from our cabins by the "crew" for their celebration. I'm sure a good time was had by all at the Crew Bar!

It's been a perfectly lovely week, although the weather didn't quite cooperate; yet a wet day on Seabourn is so immensly better than a day at home...

Will have to have my packed bags out late tonight...if my fingers can be pried from the gangway, I'll attempt to walk away from this wonderful ship, and it's wonderful crew. More new friends have been made, and it's been the best week ever for me.

My best wishes, and most sincere expectations. for those SB sailors who follow...you are in good hands!!!

Until disembarking (SOB!!!)...

Paul

Archived