2 year old in kids club?

floridamommy

I am booked on the March 11 Millennium cruise and I can't wait to spend an entire work-free week with my 2 year old. My parents and husband are joining us so we should have plenty of bodies able to control her! However, I would really like for her to participate in the Shipmate activities for kids 3-6. I of course would accompany her, but I am still unclear as to whether she can participate in these events if she is accompanied by an adult. Can someone please enlighten me as to the rules?

I am booked on the March 11 Millennium cruise and I can't wait to spend an entire work-free week with my 2 year old. My parents and husband are joining us so we should have plenty of bodies able to control her! However, I would really like for her to participate in the Shipmate activities for kids 3-6. I of course would accompany her, but I am still unclear as to whether she can participate in these events if she is accompanied by an adult. Can someone please enlighten me as to the rules?

As was said, she would have to be 3 to participate in the program, however, you can take her to the Fun Factory and check out a box FULL of things (toys, etc..) for her to do in the cabin, and you can also stay with her there in the Toddler's Room (If they have it on Millennium, they did last year on Constellation) and play with a bunch of stuff. We did this last year with our toddler and she had a blast.

Also, come on over and join our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=319797&page=27. We are also going on March 11. There is a pretty large group of us. Hopefully you will join us, even just to say Hi!!

thanks for the advice! I guess what confused me was this paragraph from the Q and A section of celebrity's website regarding youth activities:

Age Restrictions:

The Celebrity X-Club Youth Program provides activities for children and teens 3 to 17. Children must be a minimum age of 3 years old. to participate in organized and counselor supervised activities. Proof of age may be requested. At the discretion of the Youth Program Manager, parents may accompany their toddlers to utilize the Fun Factory and participate in Shipmate activities.

I guess what confused me was this paragraph from the Q & A section of Celebrity's website on youth programs:

Age Restrictions:

The Celebrity X-Club Youth Program provides activities for children and teens 3 to 17. Children must be a minimum age of 3 years old. to participate in organized and counselor supervised activities. Proof of age may be requested. At the discretion of the Youth Program Manager, parents may accompany their toddlers to utilize the Fun Factory and participate in Shipmate activities.

That quote is meant for the three year olds as they sometimes suffer from separation anxiety and need mommy or daddy there to smooth the way during their first visits. It's not meant for those under three years of age. Sorry

Archived