Cruise Directors in general, Liberty specifically

RjayB

Cruise Directors: I see many threads stating that this CD is moving to that ship, or that CD is retiring, or another CD is taking over this sailing, etc.

How long do CD's normally stay on one ship? Do they rotate so they don't get bored or in a rut? Is it an organized schedule, or just random depending on when they get tired?

Enquiring minds want to know :)

------------------------------

Also, we will be on the Liberty july 29th, does anyone know who the CD is currently, and whether they will still be around this summer? (Or who might be the CD at that time?)

Thanks for the info:p

Cruise Directors: I see many threads stating that this CD is moving to that ship, or that CD is retiring, or another CD is taking over this sailing, etc.

How long do CD's normally stay on one ship? Do they rotate so they don't get bored or in a rut? Is it an organized schedule, or just random depending on when they get tired?

Thanks for the info:p

Normally, they are on a ship for 6-8 months, but during that time they might leave for a week or two, to be replaced by one of their assistants. At times some will stay on the same ship for extended periods.

Also, we will be on the Liberty july 29th, does anyone know who the CD is currently, and whether they will still be around this summer?
Todd Wittmer currently... :) Last I heard anyhow!:p

I've heard mostly good reviews, so I'm hoping he is onboard in 35 days!:D

OK so Todd is currently on the Liberty...anyone know how long he has been on duty? Any other info on who might be taking over after his stint is over? :)

He was there when we sailed in December, and was great by the way! Easy on the eyes, too, LOL

Todd was the cruise director on the Conquest when we got married. He seemed OK, but we were contestants on the newlywed game and he made a comment I really didn't care for (my husband answered a question very flippantly to be funny and Todd said, "Oh, boy, that one's going to last." We'd been married all of two days and I just didn't appreciate it.) There was an assistant CD who was really, really terrible, though, so I can see where the CD can really make you think badly of the whole ship. This assistant was trying to "entertain" us as we waited in the lounge for disembarkation and was basically just insulting people thinking he was being funny. We started to boo him and yell at him to shut up and turn the TV back on. I wish I'd gotten his name- I would have filed a complaint about him.

I think Todd started aboard Liberty in late November/early December. I'm not sure how long his contract on Liberty runs, but he was on Conquest for much more than a year, excluding vacations. I liked him - thought he was down to earth, genuine, and he was was out and about on deck at various times. At the end of our Liberty cruise we gave him our comment cards, since we couldn't seem to find one of the boxes for the cards (first time that's happened!) and he was there on the Lobby deck saying goodbye to everyone. He did that on Conquest as well - a nice touch.

Archived