Question from a non Celebritry passenger

curlyQ

Hello all, I just popped over from another board so please excuse me if this question has been repeated -

My Mother is taking a Celeb cruise for the first time, do all Celeb ships have assigned seating for all meals? ... also, are the dining rooms smoking and non smoking?

Thanks in advance,

Curls.

If you eat in the dining room you have an assigned seat and assigned time. There are alternative places to eat that would not be assigned. I have known people to as to be moved to a different table if the first assignment was unsatisfactory to them for some reason. We haven't ever done that.

There is no smoking in the dining rooms. There is only smoking outside in designated areas and in the bars in designated areas as I recall.

Hello all, I just popped over from another board so please excuse me if this question has been repeated -

My Mother is taking a Celeb cruise for the first time, do all Celeb ships have assigned seating for all meals? ... also, are the dining rooms smoking and non smoking?

Thanks in advance,

Curls.

Celebrity has acquired two new ships which are not in service yet but will be shortly. They are the Journey and Quest and they will not have assigned seating or times. Dining will also be casual dress. All the other Celebrity ships have assigned seating and times and are somewhat more formal than other lines. There are a lot of alternative dining options but they do not have a buffet for dinner. All the restaurants are non-smoking.

Thanks in advance,

Curls.

The table assignments are only for dinner. Breakfast and lunch are both open seating in the main restaurant and at the buffet.

Hi:

That's right the assigned seating is for dinner only. But you can go to the alternative diner which is basically the same menu as the main dinning room but not as many choices, you pick the table, it is a much smaller room, and a very nice for dinner. The other 2 meals are open seating. There is no smoking in any of the enclosed eating areas. Outside one side of the ship is reserved for smoking and one side of each of the bars, coffee shops or lounges are also reserved for smoking.

Archived