Recommendations Please

macmax

Friends of ours are thinking of taking their first cruise over New Years. They have daughters aged 3 and 6 and would most likely book a balcony or jr. suite. What cruise line(s) would give them the best cruise experience?

I have sailed Disney, Celebrity, Princess, NCL and Carnival with my six year old ( he has been on a total of 11 cruises) and so far I like Celebrity the best for the following reasons...

They don't have alot of kids- the kids make a few friends their own age and have a ball without it being a total zoo.

They take the kids to a buffet dinner each night ($ 6 fee)- so the adults can eat in peace if they want to.

My son begs to go to the Fun Factory (but he likes all the kid programs)

Most importantly, I like Celebrity the best overall. It is just a really great line, good service, good food, and overall positive vibe. People are polite and there aren't lots of kids and teens causing problems. I recommend the Millenium Class ships.

THere are at least 5 current threads on this topic right now. :D

I'll just copy/paste my answer from one of the others that I responded to:

They'll have a great time on any of the mass cruiselines like Carnival, Royal Carribean, NCL, Princess and Disney. They all welcome families and have wonderful kids programs.

Each cruiseline has it's own strengths.

Carnival and NCL because the kids club starts at age 2. 24 hour pizza and ice cream on Carnival. Larger rooms on Carnival. Cheapest price on Carnival.

RCCL because the Voyager class and Freedom class ships have MANY ammenities.

Disney because the adult areas are truly ADULT areas where kids are not allowed. But it is the most expensive.

Thanks for the info.

What about Princess? I like the Personal Choice Dining option and their "Pelicans" program is for ages 3-7 so the sisters would be in the same program right? Any opinions?

Archived