Moevenpick Hotel

emmylou

My sister and I are booked on the Christmas Markets on the Rhine and are staying an extra 3 days in Amsterdam. Does anyone have any information on the Moevenpick Hotel.Any information would be greatly appreciated.:)

emmy

Moevenpick Hotel opened last year and is situated at the passengers cruiseterminal. In front of this you will find tramnr. 25 that goes into city-center. It is also walkable for about 15/20 minutes along a busy road.

So you will be fine.

http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/hotels/Amsterdam/welcome.htm

More on those maps: B4 is city-center and B5 is the cruise-terminal, just east of Centraal Station.

http://www.amsterdam.info/print/map/

Places to visit are: Ann Frank house, Rijksmuseum(Rembrandt), van Gogh, Flowermarket etc.

Check the touristboard site for more info. Enjoy your stay.

http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/

Other interesting cities/places are a.o. Delft, Haarlem, Zaanse Schans.

(Bring sweaters, maybe an umbrella, I cannot guarantee the weather...)

Ine,

Thank you so much.Does the Movenpick supply hair dryers or should we bring one. Any good resturants you can recommend our first time in Amsterdam so anything you can advise us on will be appreciated.

emmy

Ine,

Thank you so much.Does the Movenpick supply hair dryers or should we bring one. Any good resturants you can recommend our first time in Amsterdam so anything you can advise us on will be appreciated.

emmy

I am sure Movenpick will have hairdryers in the bathroom.

Amsterdam has a real big mix of restaurants.

Since Indonesia was once a dutch colony, you will find excellent "rijsttafels", like in Indrapura on Rembrandtsplein.

Dutch/International is nice in de Roode Leeuw (Red Lion) near Dam Square.

Have another look at the amsterdam website, I am sure many restaurants are mentioned there.

• 6 months later...

emmylou,

Just got back from Amsterdam and stayed at Movenpick. There are hair dryers in the bathrooms.

We had a wonderful dinner at a Thai restaurant called Bird. It is right on the edge of the Red Light District - not sure what street.

We walked or took the canal bus (2 day hop on-off pass) everywhere we went.

Hope this helps.

Emmylou - we are also just back from Europe and spent 2 nights at the Movenpick. It is not real close to city center so you will have quite a hike to get into the main areas that you want in Amsterdam. My biggest complaint with the hotel was we had a early morning train to Paris so we made arrangements the night before for the shuttle to the train station. We arrived to check out and take the shuttle and it was not there. We had to schelp our bags all the way to the train station and it was a very long walk. We made our train with just a few minutes to spare. I was really unhappy with their attitude at the front desk, that they didn't care that a shuttle was booked and promised, all they said was we could wait for a hour and they would have one then.

Yes, they do have hairdryers in the room along with a room safe.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You for your thoughts on the Moevenpick and Saylorgirl sorry about your experience with the shuttle.We booked our post tour with GCT I and we have transportation with them to get us to the airport for our flight home.

chestnutter,

We will check out the Bird resturant.We like Thai food.Did you go into the red light district??

emmy

Archived