Sea Tac Valu Inn

akh40

Has anyone ever stayed here? It's actually in Des Moines, WA although the info says it is 2.5 miles south of the SeaTac Airport. We are driving up from Boise, and want somewhere CHEAP to stay. Internet rates are $44/night. We really don't care about ambiance or anything, just a cheap place to stay and not TOO far from the pier. The info says this motel is 15 miles from downtown Seattle. Mapquest says it will take us 21 minutes to the pier. I'm assuming this doesn't figure in traffic. Anyway, just want someone to tell me that this place is in an OK area. Thanks!!

Amanda:)

No personal knowledge here -- but are you familiar with Tripadvisor and have you checked there to see what they say?? We were looking for a place to stay for our upcoming May cruise, so I did look at several of the hotels around Seatac. Personally, I wouldn't choose this hotel after reading the reviews, but you'll need to make your own decision.

This thread will probably get moved to the pre/post hotels section -- whatever it's called these days. We did book at the Holiday Inn Express near Seatac. If you've got an Entertainment card, they've got an internet rate that is almost as cheap as the one you listed. We do have someone on our roll-call who has stayed there before and is giving a personal recommendation, and the Tripadvisor reviews look lots better.

Good luck!

my SIL lives in lacy, washington...south of olympia/seattle. she HATES going anywhere near the airport. the lines of traffic can just sit there for ages. when we cruised, out of seattle, last sept...she was going to go to the airport over an hour BEFORE we were due in, that was the only way she could be sure to get there in time. we decided to just take a taxi, instead of stressing her and her family out ..since they were going on the same cruise as us.

if you have to take I-5 from your hotel to the pier, i would look into finding something else. our cab driver took a route, out to the airport, that avoided I-5, we made it in under 30 mins. check maps for alternate routes incase of traffic jams?

Thanks for the replies...ute_fan, I have not heard of Trip Advisor, but after reading the reviews there for the SeaTac Valu Inn--oops! I think we will choose something else!! Thanks again. Also, since we are driving, and don't have to be near the airport, sounds like we should look elsewhere unless we want to be stuck in traffic!:) That's what these boards are for...I'm sure glad I asked!:)

Amanda

There's a Motel 6 on Military Rd. close to the airport. It's actually a well maintained property. Traffic isn't too bad either. Cost was a lot less than being downtown. You can avoid the traffic by waiting until after prime drive time to get around.

I would try Priceline. You have some flexibility with a car and don't have to stay downtown, where prices are high. I have gotten the airport Doubletree Inn, which is a really nice 3* near the airport for $40 a night in June. They have free internet, free warm cookies and a great pool and jacuzzi.

What are you going to do with your car while you cruise? You may want to look into parking it at a long-term lot at the airport and taking a taxi to the docks. As I remember, parking downtown for the week is quite expensive, and you may save some $$$ by parking at the airport even with taxi fare added on, plus you don't have to drive/navigate the traffic through downtown.

Archived