Marriott Grand Cayman Day Room

10july86

After reading several complaints about using the facilities at the Hyatt I looked around and found that the Marriott Grand Cayman will allow you to rent a day room for $120 which gives you full hotel access. The do suggest that you make a reservation ahead of time, which I just did. Now I know that I won't have a problem (I hope). I booked a room so we can leave our things there, use the facilities at the hotel and even shower before going back to the boat. I told the reservationist at the hotel that we would need early check in as the boat docks at 7a and she said no problem. Normal check in time is in the afternoon but for a day room they allow early check in. There are 4 of us in our party so the HY would have been $100 so for $20 more I know I'll have access to the hotel plus a room.

Just thought I would let everyone know.

This sounds interesting to us as well. No one in the family wants to do the Stingrays, we just want to hang out on the beach for the day.

Is this the Courtyard by Marriott, or the other Marriott property?

Does it have a Pool also?

What about water sports nearby? The Hyatt has the Red Sail Sports facility right by them to rent jetskis and other stuff. Does the Marriott have these nearby?

Also, after you get back, please post a review of your experience at the Marriott! This would be helpful for others trying to figure out what to do in Grand Cayman.

Thanks!!!

Is the price in US or Gr Cayman $. Sounds like a great deal-our excursions to an all inclusive is $99 per person in Jamaica so this would be fine for Gr Cayman...Did you have to pay inadvance or just do a credit card dep? What are the cancellation terms in case ship can't get into port? Thanks for any info you can share...

Hcat-

This is the Marriott Grand Cayman not the Courtyard. I called there directly and guaranteed it to my credit card. to be honest, I didn't ask if it was US or Grand Cayman $ but I will find out. I went on their website and it looks nice. Yes, they do have a pool. The best part about this is we have a room to leave things in, can get sandy and sweaty and shower before returning to the ship. I don't know about the other activities offered at the resort but you can go on their website for more info.

Your idea sounds great, but it must depend on the time you go, I just checked for our trip next week, and they are wanting $205.00.

She said it was due to high season.

What time of the year were you there?

thanks

After reading several complaints about using the facilities at the Hyatt I looked around and found that the Marriott Grand Cayman will allow you to rent a day room for $120 which gives you full hotel access. The do suggest that you make a reservation ahead of time, which I just did. Now I know that I won't have a problem (I hope). I booked a room so we can leave our things there, use the facilities at the hotel and even shower before going back to the boat. I told the reservationist at the hotel that we would need early check in as the boat docks at 7a and she said no problem. Normal check in time is in the afternoon but for a day room they allow early check in. There are 4 of us in our party so the HY would have been $100 so for $20 more I know I'll have access to the hotel plus a room.

Hcat-

This is the Marriott Grand Cayman not the Courtyard. I called there directly and guaranteed it to my credit card. to be honest, I didn't ask if it was US or Grand Cayman $ but I will find out. I went on their website and it looks nice. Yes, they do have a pool. The best part about this is we have a room to leave things in, can get sandy and sweaty and shower before returning to the ship. I don't know about the other activities offered at the resort but you can go on their website for more info.

It is a nice place. We stayed at the condos next door and many times, we walked over to the bar (that's on the beach). We also rented waverunners from Red Sail, which has a location there.

I think you'll enjoy your day there. If we ever end up in Grand Cayman on a cruise, I'd do what you're doing. Have a great time! :)

Indeed, it is Spring Break season in the Caribbean - a busy time. It starts mid-March usually and continuesto the week of Easter.

Hi Drew,

since your our resident on the Caymans, can you tell me who/where is the best place to rent waverunners from. I think we will be looking for about 5 and was wondering if there is anyone you prefer. ( I liked the idea of the waverunner trip to stingray but it is all sold out for the day we arrive)

thanks

Mel

Thanks for the great info, I had been wondrering about this. We are Marriott reward members and I had planned to call them and ask about day passes for our May cruise. I called today and reserved a day room for $120.00 US plus tax (he specifically mentioned US $$ in the rate quote) for May 15th.

I think DH will be quite pleased with the arrangements, having the room will be great for leaving our stuff, changing, ext. Another advantage is we will recieve reward points and will now qualify for 5000 bonus points for three stays in May. We are staying pre-cruise and post cruise at Marriotts in Tampa and Clearwater Beach. The reservation even shows up in my online Marriott account so I can print it up and bring it with me. You have to call the hotel directly, guarantee with a credit card and you have up until three days prior to cancel.

It will be so nice to be able to charge lunch and drinks to our room, have room keys and not risk being treated like "cruise ship trash".:eek: Sorry, that last comment came from another thread regarding day passes at the Hyatt.:) :D

Please post a report when you return and thanks again for the great tip!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what Marriott will do regarding cancelling the day room reservation if the port is cancelled (i.e. your cruise ship doesn't stop there due to weather conditions?)??? I think they have at least a 24 hour prior cancellation policy, and I don't think the ship will give 24 hours notice of cancelling the port?

How do you let them know to cancel the reservation from the ship?

Thanks for the info:) :)

Does anyone know what Marriott will do regarding cancelling the day room reservation if the port is cancelled (i.e. your cruise ship doesn't stop there due to weather conditions?)??? I think they have at least a 24 hour prior cancellation policy, and I don't think the ship will give 24 hours notice of cancelling the port?

How do you let them know to cancel the reservation from the ship?

Thanks for the info:) :)

I am not sure, it does say three day cancellation notice so you may still be charged if the ship can't dock and you don't show up. I am taking a chance as I don't think Grand Cayman gets cancelled that often, especially in May. Being a loyal Marriott Rewards member I am counting on talking them out of charging me if the ship can't make it but I might not be able to.

You can e-mail from the ship as soon as you know but of course that would not be in the 3 day period but it still should help. I see you are cruising in two weeks, come back and let us know how it goes.

Good luck and have a great cruise!!:D

Archived