can i put a carnival cruise on hold

texasnana

That really ticks me off! My carnival person said that they were not allowed to put cruises on hold at all. He wanted me to shell out the entire amount right there and then. I didn't book through him! On line you are able to place a hold, if I recall correctly.

On Sunday, I called my cruise agent, and she said she could hold it until midnight. I was unable to log in to my work's network to check my calendar to make sure I was ok, so she was able to extend it until 5 EDT on Monday. At 4:45, I called her and told her I hadn't been able to talk to by boss (He just came back from vacation, and there was one meeting I needed to rearrange), so she got it extended until midnight. I booked a half hour later :D

That really ticks me off! My carnival person said that they were not allowed to put cruises on hold at all. He wanted me to shell out the entire amount right there and then. I didn't book through him! On line you are able to place a hold, if I recall correctly.

Technically, for direct guests, they are not supposed to put a hold on the booking! ( that is not to say they don't ) It's just the policy. :(

-Mike

My Carnival Rep said I had to put down a deposit of $1000 to hold, even for 2 hours and then if we didn't want the cruise, he would refund the $1000 - don't think so!

Archived