Manzanillo ?

mattR

My wife & I took the shuttle bus from the ship to the Zocalo (main square). Because we are bilingual, we then hired a taxi, after walking the streets and window shopping. The taxi driver (Esteban), took us all over the city. We went into areas that tourists rarely go.

We are returning again this year on the Carnival Spirit (10/29/07) cruise. We will be calling Esteban ahead of time to arrange a much longer day to go to other areas.

FYI: We are thinking of retiring in Manzanillo.

Does anyone know what else there is to do in Manzanillo besides shopping and city tours. Are there any kind of adventure tours? Snorkling, jet skis, etc. How about golf. Do they have any nice courses? Thanks for any info.:D

in manzanillo you can snorkel at la audencia beach,

or ride jet skis banana boats etc

its a neat area, there were wild iguana roaming in the trees, it was nice there,

when we docked there, when you got off there were lines for taxis, it went really quick and their were nice people in the front telling you places to go or see,if you had questions, thats how we found out about la audencia,

hopefully they will still be doing that,

have fun

Melissa

WE just came back from the Spirit March 15.WE went to a resort called Tesoro resort.We used their all inclusive facility for $40 per person the whole day(with meals and drinks-as in alcohol/smoothies/sodas).Children were half price.It is along La Audencia Beach the taxi cost $10 each way.When you get off the ship as Melika said there will be taxis waiting-the people there will tell you how much it will cost to go to a certain place so you don't have to bargain with the drivers.There was also a shuttle going downtown manzanillo for $3 and it will pick you up where they drop you off.

WE just came back from the Spirit March 15.WE went to a resort called Tesoro resort.We used their all inclusive facility for $40 per person the whole day(with meals and drinks-as in alcohol/smoothies/sodas).Children were half price.It is along La Audencia Beach the taxi cost $10 each way.When you get off the ship as Melika said there will be taxis waiting-the people there will tell you how much it will cost to go to a certain place so you don't have to bargain with the drivers.There was also a shuttle going downtown manzanillo for $3 and it will pick you up where they drop you off.

I was just wondering how you found out about the Tesoro Resort. We are going on the Spirit to the same ports and we are travelling with 4 kids and a senior so we need to find some great options at some ports at a good price.

All info is welcome!

Just search Tesoro Manzanillo,their website will tell you a lot of info.Just email them through their website and they respond within a day.On the beach you can rent boats,wave runners ,banana boat.Everything is negotiable so you have to bargain.My son who is 3 loved the resort.I think Las Hadas is being offered by the cruiseship--just check the rates.We went to a city tour in Acapulco with guy named Roman Zarate.He charged us $30 pp for 6 hrs of the tour.He is great because he does not only show you tourist spots but the other side of Acapulco like we went to a plaza and see what the locals were doing on a Saturday afternoon.He also seem to know a lot of people there for they were saying hi to him alot.Shopping in Acapulco I think is a little pricey compared to Zihuatanejo but they speak better English.Zihuatanejo is a tender port and maybe a little difficult for someone with limited mobility like if using a walker or wheelchair but it can be done.The carnival staff will help you.We didn't do any excursion through the ship.WE just walked around Zihuatanejo.THere is a water taxi to Las Gatas but we did not go there.I heard its nice over there.It was very hot and humid & my son did not want to walk anymore.

Archived