On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

So would an insulated cup be the way to go for some of these concoctions? Or can you just whip it up into the drink of the day cup?

Hi Trarecar,

The first cruise we took, I re-used the foo-foo "drink of the day "souvenir cup over and over and no one thought anything of it!

The second cruise, I bought a thermal cup from Fat Tuesdays, (woohoo) and used it...kept my drinks chilled, was bigger than the foo-foo cup and didn't have to make as many trips back to the cabin to refill! ;)

- Rhonda

Here is a interesting little gadget from Walmart. I laughed about people taking blenders on a cruise, but I think I would consider doing this. With all the great suggestions on this thread, the possibilities are endless!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3609512

What a great price! ($17.72) :eek: I am so gonna get me one of these!!

• 2 months later...

In San Juan there was a Burger King.We , husb. and I bought Large Cokes.Run is cheap and plentiful in San Juan. We had a delightful day sightseeing ,sipping and shopping. We then bought bottles of water.(I don't ever buy bottled water) Rum is clear...... I brazenly stuck my "water" bottles in my beach bag, managed a bored look as the bag was scanned and ...voila! Rum and coke on the balcony. It's not that I'm a true cheapskate, we certainly bought enough of their drinks to lessen the guilt. As a matter of fact,at the end of the trip,some of the "fun" left when we saw the total on our Fun card! I just don't like their "this confiscation policy is to control underage drinking" BS. It is, purely and simply :you drink, you drink THEIR drinks and it gets costly.

• 3 months later...

I had to get this string going again. This is great stuff!

and to think I thought my brother & I were the only rum runners on the ships!

I would like to add my take. I hear that Rum is the most versatile with fruit juices so that's the poison of choice.

If one were to acutally consider using some of the juices provided, one may consider the fact that morning juices differ from the ones available all day. If a person were really thirsty they might consider filling a small bottle with some extra morning juice, like for instance the Guava, to be sure they could satisfy their thirst later in the day. Rumor has it that 1/3 fruit punch with 2/3 Guava, mixed with other certain liquids makes a very refreshing and satisfying poolside beverage.

I had to get this string going again.

I hear that Rum is the most versatile with fruit juices...

This had to have been back a few pages. LOL.

Anything rum is good.

I actually found the link in another thread on rum runner flasks about a week ago. Did I read where you can only get cranberry juice from room service or the bar?

Hmm, good question. That is DW's drink of choice, vodka and cranberry. I know I haven't seen it at the buffet drink counters.

Purely hypothetically, you understand, just as an exercise in "what if"...

I'd wrap a big honking bottle or two of something in a baby blanket sized thing (sop up the mess if there's breakage), then seal it up in a plastic lawn & leaf bag - which is good for wet/dirty stuff at the end of the cruise. I wouldln't worry for one second about switching bottles. I'd place alleged package so that it's sitting up in the center of my luggage when the luggage is zipped and upright. I'd also bring along a tub or two of that margarita mix and strawberry daquiri mix for good measure. You know, the stuff with the spigot? If you don't use it, you'll make a lasting friend of your cabin steward...

Just my .02

I actually found the link in another thread on rum runner flasks about a week ago. Did I read where you can only get cranberry juice from room service or the bar?

I don't recall cranberry juice being offered in room service either. On a related note, on a past cruise when I really wanted a Bloody Mary, there was no Tomato Juice at the buffet and the bartenders would have had to charge for it. Instead I settled for a Screwdriver instead.

1/2 to 3/4 sm can PA juice ( bring a 6pk) or all of it;)

I mix grenadine w/my Bacardi Silver rum in a Fruit 2O bottle

bring my coffee sipper for fresh OJ from B'fast (it's removed after b'fast)

bout a cup

1 cup lemonade from the lido dispenser

a goodly shot of the rum

ice to the top of my 52 oz. keg..stays icy n cold til "tini-time it the Bus Stop

Actually, any measurements work well with this recipe

Is PA juice, pinneaple?

I don't recall cranberry juice being offered in room service either. On a related note, on a past cruise when I really wanted a Bloody Mary, there was no Tomato Juice at the buffet and the bartenders would have had to charge for it. Instead I settled for a Screwdriver instead.[/quote

I always pack a plastic bottle of Mr. and Mrs. T's Bloody Mary mix for DH and a bottle of Clamato for myself. ;)

I don't recall cranberry juice being offered in room service either. On a related note, on a past cruise when I really wanted a Bloody Mary, there was no Tomato Juice at the buffet and the bartenders would have had to charge for it. Instead I settled for a Screwdriver instead.

Ah yes, but tomato juice is on the room service menu. :D Order a couple of glasses every morning. And a couple of OJ's too.

Ahh, but they do have tomato and orange juice on the room service menu. We get a couple of each every morning. :D