Is The Sanctuary Available on Caribbean Princess?

bride and groom

• 3 years later...

I wanted to update this board to say that the Caribbean Princess went into dry dock and DOES now have a Sanctuary. I'll be on my first trip with them in 10 days and would love to hear more about the Sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess.

I wanted to update this board to say that the Caribbean Princess went into dry dock and DOES now have a Sanctuary. I'll be on my first trip with them in 10 days and would love to hear more about the Sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess.

Yes, the Caribbean Princess has the Sanctuary. It is a great place, high at the front of the ship to relax and get away from all the hustle/bustle of the lido and sun decks! The only noise you may hear is if adults are "playing" in the Lotus Spa Pool.

We booked a cruise-length pass on our July 2 trip, and it was worth every penny. We were able to get two loungers near the very front of the ship next to the massage cabanas. It was shaded most of the time, and usually a cool, freshing breeze was blowing to keep us comfortable. The attendants were were attentive, especially when we first arrived for the day. For our cruise the cost of the Sanctuary was $135 per person for the entire 9-day cruise.

The Caribbean Princess DOES have a lovely sanctuary! I ran up the stairs to the top level as soon as I boarded on June 14, so that I could be sure to get the seat I wanted in the Sanctuary! Fabulous . . . best money I spent on the cruise (well, okay, maybe along with the cocktails in Crooners bar)!

As wonderful as the Caribbean Princess is, it does not have the Sanctuary. That is only on the Crown.

Karen

Not so - we used the Sanctuary for the week of May 2nd - San Juan to NY repo on the Caribbean Princess - wonderful and truly worth the up charge.

Tony

As of Dec. 2009, the CB does have The Sanctuary, but on our port intensive Southern Caribbean cruise, it was under-used. The only day it was busy was the one and only sea day. Very unlike our experience on the Ruby, where it was sold out for the week within a few hours of boarding.

Not so - we used the Sanctuary for the week of May 2nd - San Juan to NY repo on the Caribbean Princess - wonderful and truly worth the up charge.

Tony

LOL, she didnt have it at the time of my post, which was 2007 Tony. This is an OLD thread. Yes, the CB DOES have Sanctuary now.

Karen

is it 20 bucks for just the entrance per day or does it include anything else?

Does everyone concur that its well worth the money? Is it open deck?

Sorry for all the newbie questions

Everyone asks, "Is it worth it?" That totally depends on you and your desires and expectations. For one cruise it was worth it for us, for the other, it was not because we could easily get a lounge chair anytime we wanted it. (We prefer not to be next to the pools.) If it's a port-intensive itinerary, it may not be worth it. If it's a cold weather cruise, it may not be worth it either.

For the $15 a day (if you buy the whole week), you get the chaise, all the fresh towels and citrus water you want. They also have e-readers and iPods I believe. If you want food delivered to you, there is a service fee (and you might want to tip the Serenity Stewards too).

There is an open deck and a covered area. The loungers are assigned in the open deck area. You pick which one you want according to your desires (full sun, part sun, lots of wind, no wind, direction of the sun, etc.). For someone who is very particular about the location of his chaise, it was perfect for my DH.

Everyone asks, "Is it worth it?" That totally depends on you and your desires and expectations. For one cruise it was worth it for us, for the other, it was not because we could easily get a lounge chair anytime we wanted it. (We prefer not to be next to the pools.) If it's a port-intensive itinerary, it may not be worth it. If it's a cold weather cruise, it may not be worth it either.

For the $15 a day (if you buy the whole week), you get the chaise, all the fresh towels and citrus water you want. They also have e-readers and iPods I believe. If you want food delivered to you, there is a service fee (and you might want to tip the Serenity Stewards too).

There is an open deck and a covered area. The loungers are assigned in the open deck area. You pick which one you want according to your desires (full sun, part sun, lots of wind, no wind, direction of the sun, etc.). For someone who is very particular about the location of his chaise, it was perfect for my DH.

i didnt realize they dont have a pool. hmm... we'll try it out. not sure if we'll get the whole week though. - thnx

Archived