Identification documents that don't match

We booked our cruise late (3/8 for a 4/22 sailing) and don't have enough time to get passports (nor do we want to incur the expense for something we'll likely never use again).

Will be using driver's licenses and birth certificates. Now..here's the question:

My DL doesn't match my BC because I've been married. Simple solution: bring my marriage certificate.

:confused: However, my mother has the same DL/BC issue, except she has been married 2x and divorced 2x since and doesn't have the divorce papers anymore (33 years ago and 13 years ago).:eek:

Is this going to be an issue for her?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I would think that the best solution would be to get an updated DL. Non-matching names and documents could be a problem.

They don't match because she has been married and took her husband's name so that is her updated license. :) They realize we get married and change out names, I think you will be fine. :)

Even though tecnically you need it all, it's a rarity that it will be asked for. Most women are, or have been, married, so the names on their birth certificates don't match. But the first names and the birth dates do.

Why don't you email RC and ask them. Then you'll have their answer in writing if they say it's not necessary.

Yes, you need to call the cruise line. It really doesn't matter what anyone here on the boards tells you. What you hear from us on CC isn't gonna help her if she is one of those that is asked for the documentation. She should definately get something though. She may not be asked for it but there is a chance she will be.

A coworker went on a cruise last summer, her first since she was remarried. Her first husband died so she had to bring their marriage certificate and his death certificate. She also had to bring her marriage certificate for the second marriage and her birth certificate. She contacted RCCL before her cruise and they told her to bring all that documentation. She applied for a passport shortly after her cruise so she doesn't ever have to go through that again. Make sure you check with RCCL before you go.

Archived