NCL Honolulu pier changes effective 3/17/07

SweetEmi

How are you able to read that message on the NCL website? On my computer, when I go to the NCL page, the link to the Honolulu pier change immediately gets covered by some "postcards", which I can't get rid of. What am I doing wrong?

Hmmm....my post cards develope too,but I can still acess the page...Dot

I do have a popup blocker. That isn't the problem. The postcards I'm talking about are internal to NCL's webpage. Maybe "postcard" isn't the right term, since you obviously don't know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the things that say "The best way to island hop Hawaii", "Take a cruise through time", and "Experience freestyle cruising". Those are definitely not popups. Sorry about the confusion.

My quesiton remains: how can I view the link to the port change?

LOL...Im sorry...all of this instant messaging is a little delayed..When I go to the NCL page the post cards come up..but the news is still at the bottom of the cards and Im able to click on the news about the pier and then that page opens up. It is not hidden for me.Im sorry your having so much trouble with this including understanding my trys to help :) Dot

Honolulu Pier Change effective 3/17/07

Miami - March 14, 2007 ---

Please be advised that beginning March 17,2007, Pride of Aloha, Pride of America, Pride of Hawaii and Wednesday sailings of Norwegian Wind will be departing from the Pier 2 Cruise Terminal at the Honolulu Harbor. The pier is located at the end of Channel Street at 521 Ala Moana Blvd, and is adjacent to the Foreign Trade Zone #9.

Saturday sailings of Norwegian Wind will now depart from Pier 10/11 Aloha Tower Market Place.

I can quite make out what it says under your postcards..but there are two lines and it looks like the second line is saying something about freestyle cruising...right under the post cards on my page it says IMPORTANT UPDATES..and this is where the news is on the pier. Have you tried refreshing your page.Im not sure when this news came down but maybe it was after you went on the page...hit refresh and see...Dot

I can quite make out what it says under your postcards..but there are two lines and it looks like the second line is saying something about freestyle cruising...right under the post cards on my page it says IMPORTANT UPDATES..and this is where the news is on the pier. Have you tried refreshing your page.Im not sure when this news came down but maybe it was after you went on the page...hit refresh and see...Dot

As I said before, "Important updates" is NOT a link, and I can NOT click on it. And, that screen shot was taken just as I posted, so it is up to date. And I tried hitting refresh, and that doesn't help. What am I doing wrong???? This is so frustrated. Yes, I know from other people's posts what it's supposed to say, but I'm furstrated that I can't access it, and I know that I'm going to miss other important updates.

Im sorry I dont know what to tell you. Have you tried going to NCL and then book marking a new page and see if that will give you the links? Or,maybe under your options page,I know it has a lot of boxes to check on links...Dot

Im sorry I dont know what to tell you. Have you tried going to NCL and then book marking a new page and see if that will give you the links? Or,maybe under your options page,I know it has a lot of boxes to check on links...Dot

I tried bookmarking, and that did not help. What options page are you talking about?

Under your tools bar..down at the bottom of that it says internet options,click on this and the new menu click on advanced...you have several things checked here..maybe you dont have something checked that you should have... assuming your using the internet browser..Dot

I have all the default settings, so it's not that. I even tried removing flash and reinstalling it. That didn't help either. When Flash was removed, I was able to click on the link (but not much else worked), but when I reinstalled it, it once again did not work. Any ideas?

I figured out the problem. It was the Ad Blocking feature of Norton Personal Firewall that was blocking that link. For now, I turned that feature off. Does anyone know how I can configure Norton Personal Firewall so that I can still block ads without blocking links such as that? Thank you.

I figured out the problem. It was the Ad Blocking feature of Norton Personal Firewall that was blocking that link. For now, I turned that feature off. Does anyone know how I can configure Norton Personal Firewall so that I can still block ads without blocking links such as that? Thank you.

Im glad you figured it out! I dont know anything about Norton,but I will ask my hubby when he gets in if he knows ...or maybe someone else will know.Dot

Archived