QV model photos at Seatrade

patwell

It is possible on the HAL ships and ARCADIA. Not possible on the Costa and Carnival SPIRIT-class ships.

I am pretty sure I read in some press release somewhere that QV will have a full wrap-around promenade deck.

Well, technically you can on the Spirit Class ships but the forward section is indoor (seating and air conditioned) but it does wrap all the way around.

On the Vista Class, you are still outdoors, but the forward section of the open promenade is also pretty much enclosed, but by bare steel. The very forward part is is in front of the showlounge and it's basically a tunnel with no view.

Having now sailed a couple times on the Vista Class and Spirit Class, I much prefer the Spirit Class. Overall a better layout, and the Spirit Class seems so much larger when onboard for whatever reason.

Ernie

And this one really is pieced together - a Carnival parts-bin special! A little Vista-class here, a little SPIRIT-class there, a little QM2 funnel with a little early C20th row house :rolleyes: ...

Don't forget a little Princess too, in the form of the mini-suite cabins. They are identical in layout and design to every Princess ship since the GRAND PRINCESS.

I really don't know what to think of QV, but I do know I am not impressed. She is 100% cruise ship, and not even an original cruise ship at that. Of course Cunard will play her up as an "ocean liner" and that she is the best thing since sliced bread, and no doubt many people will buy into that. True Cunard aficionados know better.

Ernie

Don't forget a little Princess too, in the form of the mini-suite cabins. They are identical in layout and design to every Princess ship since the GRAND PRINCESS.

I thought I recognised that! Had one on the Golden Princess trannie - now there's a boat I would not like to be on in a storm!

Peter

Archived