Rock-N-Roll Cruise

cantw82cruise

I see Carnival is offering a cruise with REO Speedwagon, Journey, and Styx in late November. Has anyone been on something like this? I was wondering how much time you get with the bands? Do they still have other entertainment on the ship as well?

i saw that too. the r & r cruise website says you can pay extra for time with the bands. i think it would be a cool cruise to go on. dh says probably a lot of old farts like us all trying to relive their youth! i couldn't tell whether the bands replace the normal entertainment or not. we already have a cruise booked this year, so there's no way we could do it anyway. it's pretty expensive.

Too bad the lead singers of Journey (Steve Perry) and STYX (Dennis DeYoung) are no longer with the groups... I can't imagine that they will sound the same - yes, even with time factored in!

As much as I like the music from these groups, I think I will just continue to remember them via their "old" recodings!

(I am cruising the week prior at any rate...!)

Tom

Archived