Vancouver Hotels

jo-v

Spending a number of days pre/post cruise in order to see the sites of Vancouver. No car rental. Looking for recommendations for hotels convenient to port as well as seeing the sites. I believe ship will be departing from Canada Place.

Thank you.

Hi. Vancouverite here.

The Pan Pacific Hotel is connected (below and next) to the Canada Place cruiseship terminal. You literally take an elevator down and walk across the building and you are right in the terminal. The Fairmont Waterfront hotel is directly across the street from Canada Place. If you are looking for convenience to the cruise ship terminal, these are the best places. On top of that, they are very nice hotels.

Whether you stay at the Pan, Fairmont, or another hotel in the downtown area, you are right in the heart of the city. Gastown is a 5 minute walk. Stanley Park, 5 to 10 minute ride. Tons of shopping/restaurants nearby.

The Seabus will take you across the water to North Vancouver. A quick bus trip from there will take you to Grouse Mountain and probably Vancouver's most popular attraction, the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

Skytrain is next to the seabus terminal which will take you into East Vancouver and Burnaby. If you like shopping and wish to get out of the downtown area, Metrotown Mall is in Burnaby and is the Vancouver area's largest Mall. Skytrain will get you there.

Both Skytrain and seabus are very close to Canada Place and also convenient to other downtown hotels.

Enjoy the city.

We are also staying afew days after our cruise in Vancouver. We used Priceline to book and ended up with The Hyatt. It seems to be located in a good place and the prices through Priceline are hard to beat. Other Hotels that come up seem pretty good as well but it seems the Hyatt comes up the most. I can't imagine a Hyatt that wouldn't be worth what I paid and I paid more than most have. Seems my date was very popular so I had to bid higher. Maybe someone who has stayed there can fill us in!

Thank you... what are your thoughts on Hyatt Regency Hotel?
Very nice hotel and central to almost everything downtown. This hotel is often won on Priceline bids. Actually all the 4* Priceline hotels in downtown Vancouver are very good, so you might want to look at bidding.

There are more threads about hotels and activities in Vancouver on the "Ports of Call - Canada" boards if you're interested.

Ell :)

Pan Pacific gets my vote. Top-notch staff; incredibly comfortable bedding; quiet, quiet rooms. It's been truly one of my best hotel experiences in a long list of nights away from home.

And, to have my luggage taken directly to the ship by the hotel bellman while I sat on their deck enjoying a glass of wine and watching the activity in the harbour, well, how can you top that? I can tell you that embarkation for me went along quite sweetly after taking in all that scenery/wine prior to getting in the afternoon line.

;)

No doubt that the Pan Pacific is one of the best in terms of convenience, location, and service for cruises, BUT - and it's a big but - it's also very expensive for the average cruiser. If money is not a problem, then by all means go for it! Otherwise, my advice stands re: trying for a 4* Priceline hotel.

Ell

Another vote for the Pan Pacific. We stayed there after our Alaska cruise, and had a fabulous view of the harbor from our room. Thanks to Expedia and the favorable exchange rate, we thought we got very good value for what we paid (not cheap, but well worth the price). We'd go again in a minute!

And if you enjoy Indian food, Vij is a wonderful place for dinner. We liked it so much we went there both nights! :p

When I went on my Alaska cruise in 2001, I stayed at the Pacific Palisades Hotel. It's a very nice boutique-style hotel with a trendy restaurant and they have "soul flow" in the upper lobby in the late afternoon - wine tasting and light snacks. It's a little bit further away from downtown, but is on Robson Street which has many nice/cute shops and restaurants.

Anyone know anything about the Crowne Plaza-Hotel Georgia in Vancouver? We have points and can stay there free - it looks like a great location.

It's a nice, older refurbished hotel (3*). Excellent location.

Ell :)

Archived