Alaska 2008

beechfor

Can't answer your specific question - I'm pretty new to HAL myself, and have been getting info online rather than via brochure - but I can tell you that the ONLINE information about Alaska 2008 will show up first at this site:

http://crm.hollandamerica.com/broadbaseema/ha4009/index.jsp

I'm watching it myself, and Alaska 2008 info isn't there yet, but some people on this board have indicated it may be posted as early as April.

I would certainly encourage you to keep checking, because Alaska is a GREAT place to cruise!

PS: Eventually, a virtual brochure for Alaska 2008 will be posted on HAL's main website. You can check out the 2007 one now just for an idea of what to expect.

Can't answer your specific question - I'm pretty new to HAL myself, and have been getting info online rather than via brochure - but I can tell you that the ONLINE information about Alaska 2008 will show up first at this site:

http://crm.hollandamerica.com/broadbaseema/ha4009/index.jsp

I'm watching it myself, and Alaska 2008 info isn't there yet, but some people on this board have indicated it may be posted as early as April.

I would certainly encourage you to keep checking, because Alaska is a GREAT place to cruise!

PS: Eventually, a virtual brochure for Alaska 2008 will be posted on HAL's main website. You can check out the 2007 one now just for an idea of what to expect.

I spoke with a HAL representative this week and he indicated that pricing/itinerary will be out in August. I am NOT buying that information. :) I think it will probably be about May.

Thanks for that website, O2B@C. I will keep checking it. We have looked at the 2007 book and had decided on the ship and itinerary, but when I look at HALs cruise calendar it looks that the ship we chose is not doing Alaska in 2008 and I am not sure which ship will replace it.

I hope we don't have to wait until August. :mad:

Gayle,

This is from an earlier posting that I made about the same question. HAL is still a couple weeks away from making the pricing and confirmed sailings known. HAL has it's pricing......they just have not released the information yet.

The FAX that was forwarded to me was a very bad one to say the least. The following information is what I was able to glean from it. There may be mistakes so please understand that short of a published brochure from HAL or it's website there may be changes.

Oosterdam: Alaska Explorer 7 Day Cruise (May-June-July-August-September)

Ryndam: Alaska Glacier Bay Inside Passage (May-June-July-August-September)

Statendam: Alaska Glacier Bay Inside Passage (May-June-July-August-September)

Veendam: Alaska Glacier Bay Inside Passage (May 2 & 9 September 19)

Alaska Glacier Discovery Cruises (May 16 thru September 12)

Volendam: Alaska Glacier Discovery (May-June-July-August-September)

Westerdam: Alaska Explorer 7 Day Cruise (May-June-July-August-September)

Zaandam: Alaska Glacier Discovery (May-June-July-August-September)

I am not sure which of the trips will take you to Sitka. The best I might suggest is that you compare the 2007 cruises to the 2008 schedule and go from there.

Terry

The 2008 Cruise Planner I have indicates that for the most part, the same itineraries as 2007 will be operated, albeit with different ships.

If I remember correctly, the Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zaandam will be operating round-trips from Seattle.

The Statendam, Ryndam, Veendam, Volendam, and Zaandam will be doing either North/Soundbounds or roundtrips from Vancouver next year. Sadly, there will be no Vista class ships in Vancouver next year :( However, there are still a multitude of choices - the itinerary that the Zuiderdam operates this year will be continued on into next year.

I'll try to post all the details of the 2008 planner tomorrow (I left it at work!)

Thanks everyone for your information. What we are looking at is actually an Alaskan Cruisetour going southbound. This year, the Zaandam and Zuiderdam do the cruise that is associated with the tour and looking at the ships layout, we had decided on the Zuiderdam. I guess I will just have to be patient and wait until the books come out and see which ships we have to choose from. Then I will be asking opinions or preferences on those ships. :)

Gayle

We are planning to book two Alaska crusies in 2008 back-to-back. We would like to sail northbound on Holland America and then southbound on Celebrity. Having never cruised on Holland AAmerica before I am wondering how it compares to Celebrity for Alaska cruises. Anyone here who has cruised on both?

Jerry

• 1 month later...

I still see nothing on the web site, while other cruise lines (such as Regent, which we're also considering) are open for booking. Does anyone have any info on when HAL will publish its 2008 Alaska itineraries and prices? The itinerary does make a difference to us: we'd like to go to some places we've never been to, such as Prince Rupert, Glacier Bay, and Skagway. (We've been to Seward, Haines, Ketchikan, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, and Vancouver.)

It seems strange that one of the Vista ships is listed as "to be determined" for the summer of 2008.

Although the prices are not yet out, the itineraries are. You can find them at HAL's website in the 2008 Cruise Planner E-Brochure. Here they briefly are, according to my 2008 HAL cruise planner. The following are all 7-day itineraries:

Ryndam, RT Vancouver: Tracy Arm and Sawyer Glaciers, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and Ketchikan.

Statendam, RT Vancouver: Tracy Arm and Sawyer Glaciers, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay and Ketchikan.

Zaandam (Sept 14), and Veendam (May 2,9; Sept 19): Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and Ketchikan.

Oosterdam, RT Seattle: Stephens Passage, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria.

Volendam and Zaandam, Vancouver to Anchorage: Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and College Fjord.

Veendam, Vancouver to Anchorage: Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Sitka, and Hubbard Glacier.

Volendam and Zaandam, Anchorage to Vancouver: College Fjord, Glacier Bay, haines, Juneau, and Ketchikan.

Veendam, Anchorage to Vancouver: Hubbard Glacier, icy Strait Point, Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan.

Amsterdam, RT from Seattle: Stephens Passage, Juneau, Tracy Arm and Sawyer Glaciers OR Glacier Bay, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria.

Westerdam, RT from Seattle: Glacier Bay, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria.

Hopefully, I've transcribed everything accurately. In any case, you can either click on the link above, or visit your nearest travel agent for a copy of HAL's 2008 cruise planner.:)

Archived