Getting To Red Hook, Brooklyn

LALAFRANCE

I will be taking Greyhound bus from Boston ending in the NY PORT AUTHORITY, 625 8TH AVE, NY 10018. can anyone give me information as to how far this is from RED HOOK IN BROOKLYN???:confused:

I'm hoping that this transportation will work somehow..

Thanks for your help:)

I will be taking Greyhound bus from Boston ending in the NY PORT AUTHORITY, 625 8TH AVE, NY 10018. can anyone give me information as to how far this is from RED HOOK IN BROOKLYN???:confused:

I'm hoping that this transportation will work somehow..

Thanks for your help:)

Your best bet would be to take a cab there. You could take the subway but it would be a hassle with all your bags and then there is a long walk to the terminal once you get out of the subway. So my recommendation would be to take a cab.

Your best bet would be to take a cab there. You could take the subway but it would be a hassle with all your bags and then there is a long walk to the terminal once you get out of the subway. So my recommendation would be to take a cab.

As the poster above said its not easy to do it with subways and buses(I would say public transportation but yellow cabs are also public transportation). A cab is the best way to go as you will see even with subway and a bus you will have long walk to the cruise terminal. The cab will cost you about $25.00 to the red hook cruise terminal.

The other way to go is to take the eight avenue a or c train downtown to Jay street Boro Hall and right accross the platform change to the F train to Smith and 9th street at the Bottom of the stairs...there is an escalator but there are also stairs you take the bus(B61/5?) to Van Brundt(west bound it will say Red hook on it)...and Walcott and then walk to the walking entrance to the cruise terminal(where the crew walks in) its still a good 1/2 mile to the cruise terminal. Tghis only costs $2.00 as long as you get a metrocard from the machine(not a $2.00 one get a $4.00 one for the both of you) or get off at Carroll Street on the F and catch a cab that will be under $10.00 to the ruise terminal. How much is Greyhound if you really want to do this on the cheap take the Fungwah Bus, which is $30.00 round trip from Boston...college kids use this all the time. Me you won't catch me dead on the Fung wah Bus. and then it will only be about a $15.00 cab ride from Chinatown...(over the Manhattan Bridge) right on Tillery, A left on Brooklyn Bridge BLvd to the Atlantic a right on Atlantic and then a left at the end follow the signs....take these Directions with you the cab driver won't know).....

We had planned to book Entertainment tours but when I contacted them they would NOT book a 1 way trip to Red Hook for us it really seems strange because everyone going only will need a 1 way ride since it is a Repositioning!! I would definately book if they change but now I'm looking for other options. Greyhound is only $15 each 1 way.. I would gladly pay 1/2 of the RT price but $158 FOR 2 IS HIGH.:eek:

Archived