Possibly craziest question about the showers

Familycruzer11

I know this sounds crazy - but I just ordered mesh shower organizers for the showers after reading posts here about the lack of space for soap, shampoo, etc.. Our group has 4 cabins and I bought one for each as a bon voyage gift.. and then I just noticed (after ordering them), that they attach to the rings of the shower curtain..as opposed to having their own hook.

So - the crazy question - does anyone know if the shower curtains on CROWN have rings or hooks ?

We are all in baloncy cabin or ocean staterooms..

I am sure we can bring string to tie them up if not, but just wondering if anyone happens to know this :o

Well we do something a bit different, we take a shoe bag that holds about 12 pair of shoes (making 24 slots) that slips over the back of the bathroom door. I got one at walmart that is mesh and was very cheap but has held up surprisingly well. I put all of our shampoos/soaps/toothpaste/mouthwash/lotions/suntan products/hairbrushes/hair spray/deoderent/perfumes/colognes/and one pocket that olds a few first aid things like ointment/bandaids/tylenol. It works great and keeps everything in the bathroom close at hand.

Well we do something a bit different, we take a shoe bag that holds about 12 pair of shoes (making 24 slots) that slips over the back of the bathroom door. I got one at walmart that is mesh and was very cheap but has held up surprisingly well. I put all of our shampoos/soaps/toothpaste/mouthwash/lotions/suntan products/hairbrushes/hair spray/deoderent/perfumes/colognes/and one pocket that olds a few first aid things like ointment/bandaids/tylenol. It works great and keeps everything in the bathroom close at hand.

We did this for the first time on our last cruise and it worked great. Stopped all the clutter in the bathroom.

I think all the ships I've been on had rings for the shower curtains, but I haven't been on the Crown. How wide are the organizers? I was thinking you could buy one cheap package of rings and use it to attach the organizer to the little rod at the indention for soap inside the shower. The reason I thought putting it inside the shower instead of on the curtain is that the steward may change the curtain during your cruise. A mesh organizer is a good idea, though!

I use a multi-pocket travel organizer and hang it on one corner of the towel bar closest to the shower. And I always confiscate a bar glass for holding make-up on the shelf by the sink.

I was on the CB. If I remember right, the shower curtain runs on a track. I don't think you could attach anything easily...and I don't think you would want to. The shower stall is so small in the first place that the curtain has a tendency to stick to you. If you had a mesh hanger on the inside with you, filled with "stuff", I think you would find it in the way.

The best bet, as others have already noted, is to hang it on the bathroom door. Either inside or outside.

I wouldn't want anythine else in the shower with me. Other than the Regal Princess, which has tub-sized showers in all cabins, the standard shower is a very small stall. I've never needed or wanted an over the door or other organizer. I have a toiletries bag that I just put on the shelf underneath. undershelf.jpg

We used one of those cheapy plastic wire shower caddys to hold our shampoo and conditioner bottles since that spot to hold your soap is too small. You can hang it on the clothesline that goes across the top of the shower or hang it over the shower head. Its too hard to keep constantly using the soap and shampoo from the organizer on the door while showering besides the fact the bag will get all soapy and wet. Of course this problem could be solved if Princess would add a little corner shelf in the shower.

I agree - I like to have the soap, shampoo, conditioner, razor, in with me, even if the space is small. On the last cruise, RCCL, it was very tight and had to put everything on the floor and bend down, or on the sink and ended up with flooded bathrooms.

I was happy to see the mesh organizer bag suggestion on this board.

You've given me a great idea - maybe I will pack some wire hangers and just put the bags on that, and hang it over the shower head...

We were thinking about mini-suite, for the tub, but we really aren't in the rooms very much adn thought we could spend the extra money on the ship instead. But, maybe next time ;) .

What else can I worry about now, so that when I get there, I will be, of course - worry-free

Thanks all!

I thought this was going to be about how the shower curtains hug people.

This is just us, we get these 12 position shoe racks from the 99 cent store. We hang them over the hooks on the back of bathroom door.

We use the pockets to sort deodorant, tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo, denture care, and small first aide stuff. Aspirin, stomach stuff and band aides.

The showers themselves on our cruises have soap and shampoo dispensers in the stalls. They also have clothes lines for wet bathing suits.

The Crown doesn't have soap and shampoo dispensers on the walls. I recently bought a $2 mesh organizer for the shower at the Dollar General. It has a hook. I plan to either hang it from the shower head or hang it from a magnet hook on the metal wall on my next cruise. I am one who said that there was no place for any toiletries in the shower of our interior stateroom on the Crown. If I remember correctly, the shower curtain was on a track. There also was a retractable clothes line in the shower that you might be able to hang something from if it wasn't too heavy. I used a clothespin to hang my shower scrubby from the clothesline.

Hey...maybe one of those suction cup corner shelves would work for you. It would hold shampoo, soap, and razor just fine.

I was going to ask about this, too. Has anyone tried this? I know that some surfaces aren't "sticky" enough. I'd also like to bring a fog-free mirror for DH to shave with... but I'm wondering if the suction will work. Thanks! :)

Archived