Picnics

Hi,

I have a question. Due to allergies I am always leary to eat on the islands. I know on other lines they had a picnic basket available for beach outings etc. Do you know if that is available on RCCL?

Thanks

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

Regulations do not allow any food to be removed from the ship - this means picnic baskets and food for excusions. There are signs everywhere and we are not allowed to take food ashore.

I suggest some pre-packaged foods from home for these days, such as whatever your allergies allow (things like granola bars, crackers, anything pre-packaged is fine). But taking meat, fruit, cheese, anything fresh like that off the ship is strictly prohibited.

Nowadays most islands have health regulations that prohibit anyone from bringing any food off the cruiseship. It is doubtful, therefore, that any line will make up a picnic basket for you. Should you decide to bring food off the ship, you risk having it confiscated and being assessed a sizable fine. Your daily Cruise compass will make note of the ban. Please observe it. This topic was argued to death only a few weeks ago, so out of respect to the dead horse, let's not resume the beating.;)

Nowadays most islands have health regulations that prohibit anyone from bringing any food off the cruiseship. It is doubtful, therefore, that any line will make up a picnic basket for you. Should you decide to bring food off the ship, you risk having it confiscated and being assessed a sizable fine. Your daily Cruise compass will make note of the ban. Please observe it. This topic was argued to death only a few weeks ago, so out of respect to the dead horse, let's not resume the beating.;)

Whoops sorry no desire to awaken a dead horse! Thanks for the responses...I will plan accordingly!

Hi,

I have a question. Due to allergies I am always leary to eat on the islands. I know on other lines they had a picnic basket available for beach outings etc. Do you know if that is available on RCCL?

Thanks

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda

Interesting question. Eating on the islands can be risky. If I was going to eat on an island it would be part of a line sponsored excursion. if you get sick on it so will a lot of other. BTW how's the leg doing? If memory serves you had crutches on Millennium last year. We are going tommorow on Mariner of the Seas, to bad you will not be there. You have earned a trouble free cruise in my book. :D

Hi Rhonda

Interesting question. Eating on the islands can be risky. If I was going to eat on an island it would be part of a line sponsored excursion. if you get sick on it so will a lot of other. BTW how's the leg doing? If memory serves you had crutches on Millennium last year. We are going tommorow on Mariner of the Seas, to bad you will not be there. You have earned a trouble free cruise in my book. :D

Hi,

I am walking a little better but still in pain most of the time. Celebrity really did nothing for me, but I also was not as assertive as I should have been. I am basically stuck with a life-long disability as a result of that dolphin incident. More bad news, my friend who I was with last year, died in a car crash in Oct. I envy you going on a cruise today, mine is in 2 weeks... We also have booked on the Legend for another tour of the Med.

Thsi food thing really has presented me with a problem, I guess if we do beaches it can't be all day. I am not taking the chance of ruining my cruise over a little tummy rumble :) Hope you have/had a wonderful time depending on when you are reading this!

Rhonda

Hi,

I am walking a little better but still in pain most of the time. Celebrity really did nothing for me, but I also was not as assertive as I should have been. I am basically stuck with a life-long disability as a result of that dolphin incident. More bad news, my friend who I was with last year, died in a car crash in Oct. I envy you going on a cruise today, mine is in 2 weeks... We also have booked on the Legend for another tour of the Med.

Thsi food thing really has presented me with a problem, I guess if we do beaches it can't be all day. I am not taking the chance of ruining my cruise over a little tummy rumble :) Hope you have/had a wonderful time depending on when you are reading this!

Rhonda

I also have food allergy issues and am hesitate to eat anywhere new. I know my limitations and what is allowed. I stock up on the snack pack type things that will hold me over to after an excursion when we reboard. Never had a problem doing it this way.

Archived