Severe contact allergies

newercruiser

Most resorts and ships accommodate these types of frangrance allergies. Just call and request sheets/towels/pillows all be hypoallergenic and washed in frangrance free detergent. They always accommodate me on this request and I gavent had any issues.

Thank you for this tip.

I am not completely allergic to fragrances but am to many. Detergents and skin care products are the worst for me.

Thanks to all who replied! I appreciate the advice and I think I will bring my fragrance-free detergent and, who knows, maybe I'll buy one of those cotton sacks. I never knew such a thing existed!

I could never imagine that I would develope these strange allergies all of a sudden at the age of 44. What a pain! It tooks 10 doctors to diagnose what was wrong with me when I got this blood-red rash on my face and my hair started falling out. Pretty!!!:eek:

Thanks again!

Since this is the NCL board, I assume that you will be on a NCL ship. NCL does not have guest laundry facilities so bringing detergent along will not be helpful.

You should contact the Special Needs Dept. and they may be able to let you know about the detergents that are used and if they are fragrance-free.

Best of luck for a happy and healthy cruise!

Edited by IWORK2CRUISE

Me too. Not highly allergic but can get itchy or rashly from sheets. I always ask they be washed fragrance fee or for sensitive skin, it's always accommodated and I've never had any issues

DH developed a sudden and severe contact allergy... and while ON a cruise.

We spoke at great detail with the head of Housekeeping, and they were wonderful about making special arrangements for us for the rest of the cruise.

For the next cruise, we contacted the AccessDesk far in advance, and they worked closely with us about special arrangements.

We met with the heads of several sections as soon as we arrived, and we were extremely impressed with the extra steps they described had been taken, prior to our arrival.

They will really try hard to work with you, as long as you are clear about what the nature of the problem is, and how you are asking them to help.

We were extremely impressed overall.

GeezerCouple