Pearl 9 Night Review - Courtyard Villa

pog27

this poster is exactly why I wouldn't book a villa suite!

I care not to be around wannabe's

Wow...that's insightful....

Looks like beanbag is an IS, not a wannabe. as he has paid for and enjoyed the perk of bypassing a line or two. If this convenience makes him feel more important, then he's spent his money on his pleasure.

As for not booking a GV or CV because of the poster....really? That's the ONLY thing keeping you from booking the courtyard right now?

The children will be welcomed as long as they are with the parents that are on the AA. Also the Courtyard is for A4, A3, A2, AA and the Garden Villa, though the GArden Villas very seldom used them. They have the great area outdoors for their own private use.

The bed in the second bedroom makes into a full/queen size bed. The 2 adults with us slept fine on the second bedroom bed.

This has not been the case in our experiences. We usually book an AA with the adjoining AC for our daughters and we have been told on every cruise that our daughters would not be allowed to use the courtyard, either with or without us. Depending on the itinerary, they may not be interested in using the courtyard at all anyway. FWIW, I had two teen GIRLS (friends) in an AB and it worked out fine. But for my daughters, it would be a bit tight for a long cruise - let the hair pulling begin! ;)

Robin

Oh yes, I also love the VIP first class air line for security. Really burns you up right?? It's wundermuss.

I'd love to sail CV at some point.

I'd like to mention we took a cruise over Christmas, and we flew first class to the ship (long story, normally fly coach). When we got to our airport there were mobs of people waiting to get checked in, the lines were huge. Then we found our first class check-in, and there were probably a dozen or so people waiting in line. Went to security, and they were saying "it's a 20 minute wait past this point." First class had no wait.

Yes, we did have to wait until the "peons," as someone put it, also got through security, but at least we could sit down at the gate and wait.

I'm not interested in arguing the pros and cons of first vs. coach. I just wanted to point out that it was worth the $$$ for that trip. Same for cruising in a CV suite, I'm sure it was worth the $$$ to those who did it. I don't see any reason to judge people on how they choose to cruise.

Archived