Mens/Teens Formal Wear Guideline?

Well, she's wrong on that one too, cause you are only required to wear a jacket in the supper club on formal night.

doesn't suprise me, figured she was offering info that was designed to be "palatable, induce a booking";)

wonder if they really have loaner jackets - yuck.

First my apologies for not completly reading your post and realizing you were on CARNIVAL...then putting my foot in my mouth.

Going back to the CCL website it looks like they have relaxed their codes since the last time I cruised them.

Heres the link:http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

I still don't know how they interpret formal, and since thier requirements have been dumbed down to what other lines consider informal or semi formal it no wonder that people don't dress correctly on some of the other lines.

Once again sorry.

Dave:eek:

bububr - now we're on the same page:D

thanx for the link, pretty much spells it out:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

my interpretation (and i'm sticking to it lol) is that a sport coat/tie/slacks is fine for formal evening:)

okay, thanx

jmo, but nothing worse looking than a cheap suit or tux for that matter; just hate to spend several hundred $ on an outfit that will be rarely worn; or in my son's case grown out of quickly.

i've read accounts of people changing very quickly out of formal clothes after dinner:confused: before they head to shows, etc.; figure once your dressed up might as well roll with it for the evening; or is this common/accepted practice?

Hi Keisha,

If I were you, I'd get one dark suit - that's all my 17-year old son has (for as fast as he grows) and then I bring several mix and match shirts. Yes, teens change as fast as they can into their droopy jeans right after dinner - that's what they're most comfortable in. DH, on the other hand, will stay dressed in his tux before he starts complaining his pants are too tight from overindulging in you know what?!

Archived