Galaxy debarkation in Rome

Shir Hayam

We are on the Galaxy Eastern Med cruise June 1-11. I see from the itinerary we are scheduled to arrive back in Rome at 4:00am on the 11th. Gulp! Does anyone know when we will be expected to actually leave the ship? Thanks.

Sheila

My husband and I were on the Galaxy Best of the Med. cruise last July. We did not disembark the ship that early. We weren't even up yet! We left around 8:00am for our 11:00am flight home. I don't think they even begin disembarking until about 7:00am.

We were on the Best of the Med cruises finishing on 12 June last year. As you say, the actual docking time was somewhere between 4am and 5am. Some people did indeed disembark very early, to make early flights. We were off the ship sometime after 9, if I remember correctly, for a flight much later in the day.

abt how long is the ride to the airport from the cruiseport? What would be the suggested time for a flight that would allow for comfort & less stress? Does anyone know what the cost of ship's transfers are?

Sheila,

We are on the Galaxy Eastern Med cruise June 1-11. I see from the itinerary we are scheduled to arrive back in Rome at 4:00am on the 11th. Gulp! Does anyone know when we will be expected to actually leave the ship? Thanks.

As the Marines say, around "oh-dark-thirty" if you are flying home on disembarkation day.

The problem is that the latest flights to North America leave Fiumicino around 10:30 AM, and many flights leave as early as 08:30. Also, you'll need to be to the airport no later than about three hours before flight time because... well, because this is Roma. And that, unfortunately, means leaving the ship about four hours before flight time. So "oh-dark-thirty" is about right.

Norm.

Archived