Question about Guarantee Cabins

Mysticcruiser

I booked an inside guarantee for my first cruise coming up in September. I booked the IS only because I'm just sailing with my best friend so neither of us care much about our cabin; we won't be there much anyway. An upgrade is always great but don't expect one. But, that being said, here's hoping the upgrade fairy visits both you and me!

:D we booked an inside guarantee for our april cruise and have just recently found out that we have been upgraded to an oceanview.however it is still on the lowest deck---just means i can see the water better...lol...higher deck or lower doesnt mean much to me...im not there for the cabin anyway..thats why we went with an inside guarantee in the 1st place...but upgrades do happen..just dont expect a suite.

Hi everyone!

I'm considering booking an Insided Guaranteed cabin. Can those of you who have done this let me know what kind of upgrades you have gotten, if any? :cool:

We always book a Cat 1a or a Cat. 4a inside Guarantee to save money and score on the Upgrades... Upgrades are from Cat.1a to 6a, Cat. 4a to 9a etc. This next cruise in April, its Cat.4a to 4e. Still could get upgraded once at the pier.

Fred

We got upgraded to a 4D on our first Carnival cruise.

I was going to book a OV guarantee for my upcoming Imagination cruise, but the PVP gave me a 6C for the price of the guarantee. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not, but we got a good cabin location anyway. It's midship, which is good because hubby gets a little queasy. Me...I love the rocking-LOL.

Now airplane turbulence, that's a different story :eek:

For my last three cruises I always booked an inside cabin, got upgraded each time. On the Miracle I moved up to a 7A (thats a balcony with obsturcted view).

On Liberty I got a 4C (that was an inside, but on the Upper Deck) and on the Glory just last month I had a 6B (oveanview with partially obsturcted view).

No cruises planned right now, but I have to find something for next year again, my plan is to cruise once per year.

Anita

I always book a 1A GTY (cheapest way to cruise....I'm a single). I usually get at least a 4.

But best I got was an outside obstructed view...I had the end of a lifeboat at my window BUT I could still see out just fine.

Can't wait to see what I get on the Liberty.

Also waiting to see what I get on HAL....booked during their View & Verandah sale so I took an Outside Obstructed View GTY for the same price as cheapest Inside GTY :) Has to be some sort of Outside on that one :D

We sail on the Fascination in May, and I just checked carnival--we booked an IS guarantee and we were upgraded to the main deck, 5A, M23! We are excited to have portholes! We are near the front of the ship, but I didn't get seasick on my last cruise (we were in the middle of the ship, IS) so I figure/hope I won't this time either. If I do, I will just load up on dramamine.

SO EXCITED!

In 2005 booked an IS on the fantasy and got an oceanview on the upper deck aft....

In 2006 booked 6 IS on the Miracle and got 6 5A obstructed view with french doors that opened on the main deck mid ship ... all 6 were within 10 doors of each other....

We booked an inside guarantee for our April 28 Holiday sailing. Just got our documents yesterday and we have been assigned an ocean view Empress Deck ..that's a 6D.Luggage tags and all included. (I know it still could change, but so far, our first inside guarantee is a winner!)

Hi everyone!

I'm considering booking an Insided Guaranteed cabin. Can those of you who have done this let me know what kind of upgrades you have gotten, if any? :cool:

We booked Inside Guarantee for March 1 on the Sensation. We were upgraded to Cat. 6 oceanview. The first time that we booked Inside Guarantee, we did not get upgraded at all.

We booked an Inside Guarantee back in January of this year when they were running an upgrade promotion for that month...Our cruise is April 21st and we were upgraded from a 4A to a 5A (oceanview) with Portholes on the upper deck....so yeah!!!!!! it's better than what we booked.....:)

WE BOOKED OV GTY 6A, WAS RECENTLY TOLD (WITH UNDERSTANDING THAT CHANGE IS POSSIBLE) THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY ASSIGNED RM 2403 ON MAIN DECK WHICH IS 6B. RIVIERA TO MAIN.... ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHT REGARDING ROOMS ON MAIN DECK, APPEARS TO BE BELOW LOBBY DECK WHICH HOUSES DINING ROOMS, NOISE????:confused: :confused: :confused:

PAULA

I did the trick people were saying to figure out if I have been assigned a cabin yet with my 1A gty.. I have.. R54...

yay bottom of the boat. :)

but I guess there's always that chance of a freak upgrade.. there are still ALOT of empty cabins on the 5-21-07 Inspiration cruise. :)

In all seriousness, what is the value in an "upgrade" from, say 4A to 4D? Why is an inside cabin more desirable on a higher deck? I can KIND of see the balcony thing, since you do get a slightly better view from higher up, especially in port/town (although I've only ever paid for 8A and got an 8C once and an 8E once) - but why for inside cabins? I would think all inside cabins would be priced/treated the same. Can someone with inside cabin experience explain to me why you prefer, say, deck 6 over deck 2?

In all seriousness, what is the value in an "upgrade" from, say 4A to 4D? Why is an inside cabin more desirable on a higher deck? I can KIND of see the balcony thing, since you do get a slightly better view from higher up, especially in port/town (although I've only ever paid for 8A and got an 8C once and an 8E once) - but why for inside cabins? I would think all inside cabins would be priced/treated the same. Can someone with inside cabin experience explain to me why you prefer, say, deck 6 over deck 2?

I think it has to do with being closer to all the activity decks. Promenade and Lido seem to be where people go so a few steps closer, although with the elevators its no big deal, only if you take the stairs (ladders to sailors).:D

Archived