Century-3/19-Rescue At Sea

iv18-Diane

Having a little difficulty posting multiple pics.....

Here are 6 of the 12 Cubans heading to their new mode of transportation and that ship.

I should have read further down the thread before I made my prior posting. I think this would be why the Coast Guard ship came to get them instead of just waiting until the ship docked...

Diane,

How was your cruise, other than the rescue situation? I had clients on that cruise and they claimed to be miserable the entire time. I'd just like some balanced feedback before I have a follow up conversation with them.

Thank you,

Janet

Janet, I felt all went to perfection. Everyone at my table had a great time. I thought the food and service to be excellent. The comic on board was extremly funny. My waitor , Gracias and my assistant waitor Nike were fantastic. My cabin stewardess was a sweetie. Embarkation was easy, I walked right on with the express pass. I would not use the cruise Airport service again since the bus from Miami to FLL airport had no air conditioning. That was my only complaint.

Someone at debarkation complained she didn't enjoy the food. I thought it was excellent and you could have shrimp cocktail and escargot everyday. Beef was tender. Plenty of activities to do on ship. Music in all lounges.

The Spa cafe was also very good.

I wonder what caused them to dislike it, I surely did not.

This was my 2nd Celebrity cruise, first was in 1995 on the Meridian, NY -Bermuda. I would certainly sail Celebrity again!

Diane in Music City

I have clients on it on Thursday and also the cruise after that one. I'll tell you how they feel.

My husband myself and my mother were on the same cruise as Diane and we loved it. Everything was great from the service to the food and the shows. Hard to beleive that someone would not like that cruise. We sailed on Century 3 years ago and thought it was great but they have made it even better. My Mom who as only sailed on Princesss thought the food and the service was better on Century. Diane it was nice meeting you and your daughter.

Good morning ladies,

Thank you for the feedback. I had a conversation with this client yesterday and she claims to have been miserable the entire time. She hated her stateroom, the engine noise, the motion. The food was "OK" and she wasn't impressed with the entertainment, yada...yada...yada... She was very upset that the folks rescued were in staterooms near hers and they kept security right outside the door. But she never spoke with the purser's desk to see if another room was available. I've tried to talk with her, but she's just basically miserable and I don't see that it has anything to do with the ship or cruise line.

Janet

Don't worry about it. She probably could have sailed the QE2 and been miserable. If she spoke to the purser, she would have had nothing to complain about and THAT would have made her truely miserable!:rolleyes:

Archived