Century-3/19-Rescue At Sea

iv18-Diane

Quess What, The cubans are still on. I was told they are on Deck 4 in Regular cabins. I heard there is a guard watching. tried to check but could not find where on Deck 4. Grand Cayman would not take them, so they are on the way to Miami. I guess the authorities will be picking them up in Miami

Diane in Music City

PS-internet is back, Free!!!

I hear they had to transfer a whole load of waffles over from Texed's next cruise to feed the new passengers...

Hi Don !

I heard the story a bit differently. I heard they had to pay for their waffles.... but the good news, is that they gave them some of the new Captains Club coupon books, and they are giving them 20% more waffles if they buy 10 :)

Hopefully, there will be more than enough waffles for Ed !

Quess What, The cubans are still on. I was told they are on Deck 4 in Regular cabins. I heard there is a guard watching. tried to check but could not find where on Deck 4. Grand Cayman would not take them, so they are on the way to Miami. I guess the authorities will be picking them up in Miami

Diane in Music City

Hi Diane !

Thanks for sharing the very interesting story. It is cool that you have free internet, but I doubt it will stay that way for long :)

Enjoy your Cruise !

What happened to the internet? Did they say how long it will be free? I am getting my master's and must turn in an assignment while at sea (in exactly two weeks - woo-hoo :) :) ). It would be very sweet if it was free. The cost of the class is already outrageous!

The Cubans were given free transfer to a holding ship at Key West by a 210' Coast Guard Cutter when we first neared the Florida Keys.

I going to see if I can attach some pictures...................

Here is the Coast Guard coming to pick them up.

116-1686_IMG.jpg.2ced3c38d3556f2c64cdb1dc7a64bc9d.jpg

What happened to the internet? Did they say how long it will be free? I am getting my master's and must turn in an assignment while at sea (in exactly two weeks - woo-hoo :) :) ). It would be very sweet if it was free. The cost of the class is already outrageous!

Free lasted for 1 day, The next day they were back to charging and it was a lot faster

Diane in Music City

Hi Diane,

Hope you're having a wonderful time.

Thank you for the card and gifts...you're the best!!!

Good news...we were changed to late seating for Part I of our Century sailing!!!!

Happy sailing....

Tammy

Tammy, your welcome. I'm glad you received the late seating.

Diane in Music City

Having a little difficulty posting multiple pics.....

Here are 6 of the 12 Cubans heading to their new mode of transportation and that ship.

Tuna,

Thanks for the pictures and it was nice meeting you and your wife and Mother.

Diane in Music City

Diane in Music City

I believe that if they are Cuban, and if their feet touch US soil, they have the right to stay in the US, assuming they want to. The logistics of this might get interesting.

Archived