Questions re: Enchantment of the Seas

I will be doing my second cruise Sept 29th on the Enchantment to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman from (Ft. Lauderdale) and have some questions

1) I know they tender to GC anyone missed this port before? Missed stop to Cococay last year on the majesty :(

2) I truly can't afford another cruise but have to feed my newly acquired addiction SO... I have to book the cheapest interior cabin - do they have safes? And on Maj. our floor (2) had a terrible garbage smell in the hall, anyone experienced this on the Enchantment?

3) Do they have a little spot that serves pizza most of the day/night?

4) Any links to some pics of the ship and/or my ports of call?

Feel free to share anything else you can think of.

Thanks!!

I will be doing my second cruise Sept 29th on the Enchantment to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman from (Ft. Lauderdale) and have some questions

1) I know they tender to GC anyone missed this port before? Missed stop to Cococay last year on the majesty :(

2) I truly can't afford another cruise but have to feed my newly acquired addiction SO... I have to book the cheapest interior cabin - do they have safes? And on Maj. our floor (2) had a terrible garbage smell in the hall, anyone experienced this on the Enchantment?

Thanks!!

1) Not sure. We didn't go to GC.

2) We had an inside and we had a safe. It required a magnetic card (you can use a crdit card, calling card, whatever) to lock and open it. This was different than the keypad safes most RCL ships seem to have.

3) There is a cafe in the Solarium that is open very late.

4) My pictures in my signature will show you the ship. Also, you cans ee the bar menus, spa menus, etc.

Have a great time. She is one of my favourites.

We were on the Enchantment in January, and booked the cheapest rooms available. It was a quick getaway for DW & me after our November cruise, so we had to go as inexpensive as possible. The entire reason we wound up going is because I sat around for a month almost depressed until I booked another cruise!

Our cabin was in the bowels of the ship, way down on Deck 2, about 3/4 aft. We did have a safe, but it was the kind which uses the credit card instead of a pass code. The rooms were small and the tv's were a little outdated (not that we used it, so what does it matter?), but they were kept up surprisingly well. The bedding was very nice!

It was also our first experience with the dreaded shower curtain. Everyone who's been there & done that knows that's enough said.

Really, I was pleasantly surprised with the ship. I felt like Enchantment would be a step down from our previous cruises, but she was in relatively good shape, and I'm sure compared to the Majesty she's probably a little nicer.

Although the Solarium cafe wasn't open all day & night, they kept pretty good hours, and this would be the place to find your pizza (which wasn't all that bad, BTW).

You should have a great time. Our family was impressed with the fact that the food, service, and entertainment seemed to be on par with the other ships we had sailed. There were tiny little things that I noticed about wear & tear on the ship, but being the optomist that I am, stuff like that just doesn't bother me. She's in remarkable condition considering her age and the number of passengers she can handle after the stretch!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!!

1. I've never missed the tender in GC, but be prepared for a long line to return to the ship and plan accordingly.

2. My last trip on the Enchantment was before the refurb and we had the cheap interior on deck 3. No issues with smell, the cabin was small but nice, and they have a safe that locks/unlocks with a credit card (or other magnetic card).

3. I don't eat pizza, so can't help you there, but there was food nearly 24/7 and room service operates fairly late if I remember correctly.

4. Sorry, no pics from me, but the ship was wonderful a few years ago and I'm counting the days until we go back on her again this September. The crew was fabulous, the food was good, and there are a TON of activities if you want to stay busy.

Oh... and as for the cabin, you might want to check to see if your sailing is part of the upgrade promo going on right now. It won't get you out of an inside cabin, but it could move you up a few decks or to a larger inside. Check the RCCL site under Limited Time Offers. If your sailing is listed, call customer service and ask for the upgrade. I didn't have any problems applying it to my sailing on 9/15 and it moved us from deck 2 to deck 4 and from a regular inside "N" to a large inside "L" category.

Archived