Professional Hair Products

4evercruzin

I keep going back to Matrix Biolage for color treated hair. I buy from a to-the-trade supplier and can pretty much buy what I want at wholesale. I do like Paul Mitchell also and Bumble and Bumble. The BandB I can't buy at the professional beauty supply, a little pricey, so it is a treat occasionaly. There are so many more, I also love to rotate, sometimes I have a few too many bottles under the sink.

If you happen to have dandruff, I've never found anything that works quite as well as KMS dandruff shampoo, my son has used it for a couple years now.

Now, don't get me started on styling products! I have to admit, I'm a bit of a hair product junkie.

I use the Credo hair condioner from Japan. It's one of the best I've ever used. It's made for people who have had the japanese hair straightening process and though I haven't, my stylist recommended it anyway because she see's such great results from it.

One jar is $30 and will probably last me about a year.

Jane

Although it's not a high end shampoo/conditioner, I've found Brilliant Brunette to be a great product. I rotate a lot, too, but always have this brand in my shower. It's by John Frieda and you can find it anywhere (Target, Wal-Mart, etc).

I also love Bath & Body Works' Bio shampoo/condidtioner. I have dry hair and it really helps moisturize - but not too much. :)

i second the crede shampoo--i do have the japanese permanent straightening and although the process makes my thick curly hair incredibly silky, i think the shampoo & esp the conditioner really helps. Especially after being in sun & pool and soon--the ocean water.

4evercruisin,

No, the Crede products are shampoo and conditioners that are especially good for people who have damage from the hair straightening products.

It will not straighten hair, only condition it. I've yet to try the shampoo, but rachelo here likes it and I have a friend who also highly recommends it. I've only used the conditioner and it's wonderful.

Jane

I've used almost everything listed above and honestly Pantene Pro-V works the best on my hair. I never used it until my beauty bible (In Style's Best Beauty Buys of the year) recommended it as the best inexpensive overall shampoo. I took a chance and have really liked the results.

Once every two weeks I apply a hair mask and use Frederic Fekkai. The results are excellent.

jlsdunn - the In Style listed Kerastase as the best overall shampoo and best for color treated hair. I think I'll give it a try. ;)

- Yvette

Yvette,

The Keratase is very gentle. I use it sometimes.

I've used Frederic Fekkai shampoo and conditioner and for the price wasn't "wow-ed", especially considering the price. However, if you say their hair mask is good, I might give it a try.

Glad to hear that InStyle liked Pro-V. I think it's a good product too.

I like to switch around and usually have about 3 different shampoo's and conditioners at one time crowding my shower.

Jane

Well I've tried other brands, but usually go back to what I like!

I used the Marc Anthony line - volumizing for thin hair (over the years it seems to be losing its thickness :( ). The shampoo is awesome very gentle - I have tried the other types of volumizing shampoo, but didn't like any of them - felt like they were "stripping" my hair clean. (Don't tell dh but i have poured them into his shampoo bottle so they don't get wasted! :D ).

The lightweight conditioner is also nice, but the BEST PRODUCT is the hair thickening cream (it's a pale tangerine color and smells good too!)....just put a tablespoon in my hands and run thru my wet hair before blow drying - AWESOME!

I bought some Sebastian laminates hairspray - quite expensive and frankly not worth the extra cost.

Oh ya...and once in a while I deep condition my hair (about 1 x month) with a heavy duty conditioner/hair mask which I leave on for a few minutes! Just did it this morning for my precruise treatment!

Bought some sample size extra moisture shampoo and conditioner for the cruise as I think I will need it due to sun and sand - and a non-aerosol small size hairspray that won't explode in my luggage!

My stylist has convinced me that nothing works better. I have fine, slightly wavy hair (I blow dry it straight with a big round brush). My hair frizzes on the ends of the layers in the humidity - but since spending the extra bucks on Redken All Soft --- Wow! Barely have to use hairspray any more! My hair is shoulder length and actually stays straight and sleek the whole day, feels great too! Try it.

I swap between BIOSILK (shampoo, conditioner and silk serum) and TIGI fashionista shampoo and conditioner (smells like grapes) both work well. When I'm on a cruise, I always bring a bottle of Aveda SapMoss concentrate to detoxify my hair from the water and climate :)

I too use Redken All Soft on my highlighted, undercut, neck length hair. I also use Redken 14 Inflate hairspray and Pantene volumizing mouse. Seems to do the trick. I used Nucliec A products for years but it became too difficult to get my hands on (always had to order it). Redken is readily available at my hair salon and I use the Pantene mouse to save a few $$. Good hairspray is very important to me.

Cathy

I love Kenra Color Maintence for everyday use. I use the Kenra styling products too, mousse, light hold hairspray, and texture taffy.

If I can splurge, I buy Terax. Latte Shampoo and the Crema Conditioner (also a winner every year in "In Style")

Archived