Buffet Snob

sjohnson529

Yep, that's me. Flip flops and shorts scooting my tray along the runway. Now there's a vacation! I've had steaks fresh off the grill, prime rib, incredible pasta, soups and salads, and all the great desserts. No worrying about clothes, no hurrying up so the next horde of people can be seated, and we've met several very nice people...fellow buffet snobs! Do not be afraid...I know there's more of you out there.:D

In my look a buffet is a buffet rather it me Golden Coral, an AI resort or on a cruise ship, you are there for one thing only and thats to EAT!!! Enjoy your meal and your new friends and the cruise after all you did pay for the full expiriences!! I know I will be on that buffet line!! :p

I wonder how many replies it will take before some 1 makes a rude and off topic reply or questions some ones class??:confused:

The best Chinese food in St. Paul, MN is Lee Ann Chin's restaurant in the old train station -- very elegant restaurant and the buffet is the best ever. Hard not to call it a classy place because it is. We live in Florida, so not even sure the restaurant is there anymore. Buffet seems to have a bad connotation and I would think the Scandinavians would take offense since they invented the smorgesboard, i.e. buffet ;) DH and I love the cruise ship buffets, but we usually stick to them for breakfast and lunch because we like to dress up for dinner and eat in the dining rooms. We have never tried the buffet restaurants for dinner, but there's always a first time and we actually did room service for dinner one night on our Holland America cruise in December. Enjoy the food wherever!

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2007, 2007

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

MEEE! I enjoy the buffets over the dinning rooms..it's the environment i like best..casual, laid back, eating out on deck in the air, etc.. :)

Dont get me wrong the dinning rooms are beautiful...but if one night i feel i wanna go to dinner in the dinning room then i know i can, its there for me, but i usually eat in the dinning room maybe 2 times total during my cruise..on my next cruise in SEPT, i do plan on eating breakfast ONE TIME in the dinning room. hehe

The first couple of cruises we were on we ate every meal in the dining room. I don't think we ever once ate at the buffet. Now that we are regular cruisers we take advantage of the more informal atmosphere and have even had dinner in the buffet area when we were just too tired or didn't want to dress. I guess the novelty of being waited on wears off at some point.

I don't know why anyone would question someone's 'class' because they choose to have meals at the buffet. I'm sure lots of folks like to take cruises and not dress for dinner. No biggie. Do whatever you want...that's why they give you choices.

I happen to prefer all three meals a day in the dining room....but that doesn't mean I would say you were wrong or low class for enjoying the buffet. Simply a personal choice.:)

I don't know why anyone would question someone's 'class' because they choose to have meals at the buffet. I'm sure lots of folks like to take cruises and not dress for dinner. No biggie. Do whatever you want...that's why they give you choices.

I happen to prefer all three meals a day in the dining room....but that doesn't mean I would say you were wrong or low class for enjoying the buffet. Simply a personal choice.:)

I totally agree! I enjoy my meals in the dining room because I like for someone else to bring me my meal. Feels more like pampering to me. It's your vacation people, eat, drink & be merry any way you'd like!:)

When I was a single lady cruising on my own then I went to the dining room but now I have an active 5 year son so it is the casual buffet for us. No formal clothes to bring so more room for toys. No long, drawn out meals with lots of waiting (waiting is a bad word with a child). No, we eat what we want then off to the next activity. If we get hungery again we can come back to the buffet for another round. I have always liked trying a little of this and a little of that so a buffet is perfect for me.

Solomom

Archived