High School/College students in early January

Are there a lot of high school and college students in early january? i was talking to our assistant waitress on our cruise and she said that a lot of college kids go on the early january cruises due to the fact that they have the extended break. What are your experiences? myself and two cousins are looking into booking either a new years cruise or the first cruise after new years (wayyy cheaper).

Thanks!!

Joe

We had college students right next door to us. We were in 1100 aft on Serenade. They were loud, obnoxious and drunk most of their waking hours. They had a habit of partying until 2 or 3AM, then coming to their cabin and partying some more.

Mark

• 6 months later...
.... the joys of being a freshman in college, Carol!! :D (Especially when you have a full month off!)

When the heck did you graduate from high school????? How did I miss that?

Congratulations, about four months late!

May I ask which college you are attending? :)

well we (my fiance and i) are in college and we are going on a 4day jan 14-18 because it was easier to fit a vacay in than in spring break (1 month vs 1 week) and it was a LOT cheaper. don't worry, though, we won't bother you.:rolleyes: honestly though, i know a lot of people who are in/were recently in college, and no one i knew ever went on cruises unless they were with their parents.

in any case there probably won't be high school kids as they usually go back right after new year's.

We are cruising the first week of January for this very reason. My DH and I are both grad students and are off until January 14th (also my birthday :( ) My MIL has also returned to college, thus she also had the free time available to her. SO, I guess there will be THREE college students on this trip. :)

For the previous poster who was next door to loud and obnoxious "college students" -- I am sure that was due to them being rude and obnoxious people and not their attendence to college. :)

Last year we went January 7-14 aboard Freedom (because then my college age daughter could come with us)

Although there were more college-age kids on than usual, it wasn't spring break by any stretch. Many of the college-age kids were with extended families (I guess we weren't the only ones who wanted to have our college-age dd with us on vacation!)

I would cruise again in early January in a heartbeat!

What about Spring Break cruises guys, how many college aged people should I expect on my March 8th cruise. We are a large group (64) of students from UConn (We just beat Louisville!), and are taking our spring break on the Liberty. Should we expect a lot of kids our age?

We sailed on the Jewel 8 night Eastern Caribbean and I did not notice alot of college kids, you might on the bigger ships. We had a great time travelling that time of the year we headed out of snow and ice of Utah to the warm air of the Caribbean gotta love it:D .

Christine

When the heck did you graduate from high school????? How did I miss that?

Congratulations, about four months late!

May I ask which college you are attending? :)

Yes, I graduated on June 2nd! I am a bit young, so a lot of people think that I should still be a senior in high school. I turn 18 on November 26th. I attend Pace University in downtown Manhattan for business management- of course I am concentrating in hospitality and tourism! :D Can't wait to work for Royal Caribbean!!!!

Archived