Has anyone had tablemates from H*E*L*L?

Riley's Mom

Two years ago on Liberty in Europe we had a family of indian descent that had no interest in conversing. I told my wife no way I was putting up with that for two weeks so we moved to a table for 3 with a great view overlooking the sea with great people to talk too on each side of us

The family seated with us on our first Disney cruise was downright green. We thought they were so odd until we realized how sea sick they all were. Went to the room and grabbed my bottle of meclazine. That was 8 years ago and we have had several great planned vacations with them - they are like family and although the kids are growing up we are now planning an adults only cruise sometime in the future. Leaving on the Glory today and can't wait to see whose at our table tonite.

Great story Carla!

My wife and I were aboard the "Adventure of the Seas" and decided (for the first time) to eat breakfast in the diningroom. We were seated with 3 other couples. An elderly "gentleman" introduced us to himself and wife, and the other couples at the table.

He asked what I did for a living and I replied that I worked at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky as a skilled tradesman. His response to that was "oh..you're one of those that took a job away from an American!". "Say what?! I was born here in the good old USA and consider myself as American as I could possibly be!" I replied.

When he asked my wife what she did for a living, she told him that she worked in the local high school food service department. He then said "surely you're not a cook?" She told him that yes she was a cook and very proud of it!

Then this guy wanted to know what type of cabin we had. I told him that we had a Promenade cabin. "Well, we have the Presidential suite, complete with a baby grand piano" he replied. It was at this time that my wife and I had had enough of this jerk and politely excused ourselves from the table. I turned to this "gentleman" and told him that I hoped he had a wonderful time playing his piano during the cruise as we planned to enjoy the ship, activities and ports of call.

THIS was the fellow passenger from H**L! And I don't mean that place in Grand Cayman!

:cool: Bill

Two years ago on Liberty in Europe we had a family of indian descent that had no interest in conversing. I told my wife no way I was putting up with that for two weeks so we moved to a table for 3 with a great view overlooking the sea with great people to talk too on each side of us

Why did you need to mention that the family was from India? :mad:

My husband and I were seated with a "one upper" on our last cruise on RCCL. Not sure if you are familiar with a "one upper", but you can really make it entertaining, lol. A one upper is able to top any experience you have had. By the 3rd night, my husband and I were making up stories to see how this person would find a way to "up" us. I must say, although we didn't bond with the tablemates on this past cruise like some previous cruises, the one upper kept us entertained and we still talk about him to this day when we hear an outrageous story.

Reading these stories makes me wonder how my husband and I will be perceived by new people -- he loves conversation but prefers to remain completely silent around strangers. I could talk the heck out of ANYONE! (Get it from my dad :) )

DH has joked with friends he knew I was the girl he'd have to marry when we did our first company dinner together. I got the entire table talking all night, everyone finally got to know DH and he thanked me for keeping the conversation going! Of course, I can seem kinda overbearing so I try to 'tone it down' if I perceive people are not enjoying the talk!

Archived