2 Questions - RCI airport transfers and age restirctions?

robinp

I will be on the Liberty mid-December with my girlfriend. I'm 20 when I board and will be 21 on the day of disembarction and she will be 21 on boarding. Will I have any issues gettin onboard at the port? I asked the RCI rep when I booked and he said probably not, but it was the first time he had heard of this. Will she qualify as a responsible adult/guardian or will I require a waiver from my parents? I'm travelling from the UK and don't want travel all that way to find I can't get on the ship.

We have booked flights/transfers with RCI rather than bother booking separate. We have chosen our certain flights and will be the only people arriving at this time and on these 2 flights. Will we have a taxi provided to take us to our portside hotel?

Thanks

This is an except from a TA site on age requirements so you should be fine. Only One has to be 21 or older

The following cruise lines require that at least one person in each cabin is 21 or older: Celebrity, Costa (25 for March and April sailings), Crystal Cruises, Discovery World Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean and Seabourn Cruise Line.

One guest in the room has to be 21 so you are OK with that rule. You do realise you will not be allowed to drink though don't you!

If you have booked the flights through RCI then you will fly in the day before and be taken from the airport to the ovenight hotel, and then the next day they will take you to the ship. At the end of the cruise they will take you from the ship back to the airport. This could be horribly early as the flights usually leave the US in the early evening - so perhaps book a RCI tour on that last day and the tour bus will drop you at the airport - good way to kill time.

One guest in the room has to be 21 so you are OK with that rule. You do realise you will not be allowed to drink though don't you!

With a letter from my parents I can going by the T&C's. :( I feel like a 12 year old on a school trip to Spain or something.

Sorry sweetie.......

"Effective as of all sailings commencing on or after July 28, 2006, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International ships is 21".

The beverage waiver is only for RCI ships in Europe and South America - and I believe Liberty is only sailing from the US!

Do you know you can get a Soda Card for $6 a day so you can get lots and lots of Cokes [ha ha ha!!!];)

Archived