taxi from monaco to eze

When we got to Monte Carlo this past September we asked at the tourist information booth how much a cab would be. The people at the booth told us that a cab would be over 60 euros and we should take the bus. This was my first trip to Europe and I was very nervous about this advice. But, she showed us exactly where to go. We took the bus from right in front of the port and then had to change busses to get to Eze. It was so easy and cheap - less than 3 euros per person for both busses. The bus lets you off right in Eze. We walked around for a couple of hours then took the same bus to Nice. We stayed there for awhile and then took the bus back to Monte Carlo. VERY easy and fun.

I hope this helps.

Lynn

I have a map of the bus routes in Villefranche covering all of the area. Very easy to read. They give the cost, bus route number, etc. I also have a great map of Monaco.

I have been emailing them out to anyone who wants them. Email me at pcurri at that yahoo place if you're interested.

We use public buses frequently in ports all over. I think the fare is probably about 4 Euros roundtrip.

The bus does not go to St. Paul de Vence on Sundays, in case you were thinking of going there (I highly recommend SPdV, by the way).

I am researching the area for a land based stay this summer, after going to the area as a port of call last year.

My observations are the taxi fares are steep almost everywhere- $20 euro from the train station to my hotel in Monoco- a princiality that is roughly the size of Central Park in NYC, 30-35 euro from the Nice airport to our hotel 8 KM away, etc. They charge steeply for the flexibility of a taxi.

If you go the taxi route, split by 4, the cost should be more managable, but the variable you may want to consider is finding a taxi to take you back. Depending on the time of day, assuming you want to spend 3-4 hours in Eze (which is about the right amont of time), you may find a line of people waiting for a limited number of taxis all wanting the return trip. If you have to get back to your ship, you may want to consider this gap in the gameplan. Multiply that risk if it is a peak crowd day as Monoco will be busy as well as Eze.

I am researching the area for a land based stay this summer, after going to the area as a port of call last year.

My observations are the taxi fares are steep almost everywhere- $20 euro from the train station to my hotel in Monoco- a princiality that is roughly the size of Central Park in NYC, 30-35 euro from the Nice airport to our hotel 8 KM away, etc. They charge steeply for the flexibility of a taxi.

If you go the taxi route, split by 4, the cost should be more managable, but the variable you may want to consider is finding a taxi to take you back. Depending on the time of day, assuming you want to spend 3-4 hours in Eze (which is about the right amont of time), you may find a line of people waiting for a limited number of taxis all wanting the return trip. If you have to get back to your ship, you may want to consider this gap in the gameplan. Multiply that risk if it is a peak crowd day as Monoco will be busy as well as Eze.

I have called at ports on the French Riviera on 3 cruises and spent time in the area on ground trips, and I have seen a shortage of taxis in this area of France. I speak some French and have helped cruise passengers find ways to get back to the ship after they were stranded. Just FYI.

Donna

Peggy' date=' I got those maps you send me - thanks.:)[/quote']

You are very welcome! I get about 4 requests a day from all the threads I've offered on. I can always tell when people are planning their Med cruises from the number of requests....:D

I get bus info almost everywhere we cruise. They are usually efficient, interesting, cheap, and you don't have to worry about the driver pulling a fast one on you!!!

You are very welcome! I get about 4 requests a day from all the threads I've offered on. I can always tell when people are planning their Med cruises from the number of requests....:D

I get bus info almost everywhere we cruise. They are usually efficient, interesting, cheap, and you don't have to worry about the driver pulling a fast one on you!!!

Dear Pcur I was not able to find your e-mail address . I will be in Villefranche in Oct. and I wish to take the buses to Nice and St. Paul would you please send the bus schedule to me. Thanks my e-mail adress is jpurita@aol.com

Archived