Reading: Books with regional (Port specific) information? Western Europe

I'd love to find a book with a collection of reviews of the entire Western Med region (port specific) -- kind of like an index of all of the ports visited by cruise ships. Something that would provide the top ten must-see's of a port and perhaps some of the off-the-beaten-path visits in any given port. This would help me narrow down what I want to visit and also help me avoid duplication.

Is there such a book or guide available?

Barcelona, Spain (2 days pre cruise).

We're visiting all of these areas:

Marsielle, France - Villefranche, France - Livorno, Italy - Rome, Italy - Ajaccio, Corsica, France - Tangier, Morocco - Casablanca, Morocco - Valencia, Spain

Thanks.

You might also want to consider the Dorling Kindersley "Top 10" series. I know there is one for Barcelona and one for Rome but not sure on the other cities/areas. At least for short visits, they list the "must sees".

You might also want to consider the Dorling Kindersley "Top 10" series. I know there is one for Barcelona and one for Rome but not sure on the other cities/areas. At least for short visits, they list the "must sees".

I love the Top 10 books. There city and country travel guides are also really fun. I love all the pictures.

I like DK Eyewitness Travel - Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean!

It is excellent - tells you key sights from each port, and each has a fact file of Markets, shopping - ie. what to buy there, and the local food specialties. Also has some maps and great pictures - yet brief and factual!

Enjoy!

Also has some North Africa info. such as Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco etc.

I like DK Eyewitness Travel - Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean!

It is excellent - tells you key sights from each port, and each has a fact file of Markets, shopping - ie. what to buy there, and the local food specialties. Also has some maps and great pictures - yet brief and factual!

Enjoy!

Also has some North Africa info. such as Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco etc.

I just came over to share info about this book. DH brought it home for me today. Love it because it includes Egypt, Cyprus and some other out of the way places. We're looking at a Greece/Egypt cruise for next year so it's nice to find a book with all that info in one spot. Not to mention I LOVE the format of their books, lots of color pictures.

The DK Eyewitness book mentioned above is definitely better than the Vipond book. I bought both prior to our Med. cruise last year, but only took the DK book with me. For the kind of "highlights" you're looking for, this one is the best.

Archived