S Suite

gf

The S suites w/ verandah on the Vista ships, including the Zuiderdam, are listed on the HAL website as 516 square feet. (The aft S suites are supposedly smaller, but the site doesn't give the exact square footage.)

On the older ships such as the Rotterdam, Maasdam, etc. the square footage is given as 563.

We thought the cabin and the verandahs are noticeably smaller on the Vista ships than on the other ships.

The bathrooms on the Vista S suites are larger than on the smaller ships - double sinks and a separate stall shower as well as the spa tub - that cuts into the other usable cabin space.

It is true the S suite cabins across the stern of the Vistas are somewhat smaller, but the verandahs are larger so the total square footage probably equals or exceeds the square footage of the S suites including verandah

on the sides of the ships.

I think you will find any of them quite comfortable. The S suites at the stern are also farther from the Neptune Lounge, if that is important to you

On the older ships in the suites, I liked having the second sink in the dressing area rather than having both sinks in the bathroom. Just my personal preference.

I also liked the size of the bar and the number of drawers in the suites on the older ships, but I liked the number of closets on the newer ships. Actually, I like it allllllll!!!! :D :D

:)

Even though we like the older ships better we have booked back-to-back cruises on the Westerdam.

The differences we noticed - Vista class ships have a smaller verandah, smaller cabin, no sink in the dressing room, more closets, less drawers, and you have to go through the dressing room to go to the bathroom. And the bathroom door opens into the dressing room. Everytime DH was in bathroom he had to knock on the door before opening it to go through the dressing area so as not to hit me with the door.

:)

Archived