Can We Do A Taxi Tour of Pearl Harbor?

JuneauWhatIMean

I'm sailing on PoAM on May 5th with my mother. Our flight arrives at 10:30am on that date and since sailaway isn't until 8pm, I think this would be the best time to see Pearl Harbor. We're flying from California so we shouldn't be too tired. I don't want to rent a car because of the traffic and because I'll be doing a lot of driving the rest of the week.

My question is this: I realize we won't have the opportunity to see the USS Arizona but do you think a 'regular' taxi driver would be willing to drive us around the area, including the Punchbowl, and maybe stop occasionally so we could take photos and read the plaques and then take us to the ship? And approximately how much would a one hour drive cost?

Our flight home is at 2:30 so we could do it after the cruise as well. But none of the organized tours fit our time schedule.

:DThanks in Advance,:D

Ali

There were still tickets left for the Arizona when we left at noon on a Sunday in Jan. So it may be worth a shot. You would have to have the cab drop off your bags first to the ship. And you would have to check your purse $3 per item, before you get in the ticket line.

Archived