what a coincidence!

woodley

We just returned from the jewel which I must say was great. We took this cruise because we received a credit after complaining about the POAM in October. Basically we almost cruised free.

One lunch time we were in the garden cafe talking to a couple sitting next to us. They mentioned they were cruising again so soon after the last one because they had complained about the terrible service they had received on the POA. We swapped stories for a few minutes then the couple to the other side of us apologised for listening in but said they were on this cruise for exactly the same reason.

We were astounded that all three couples had had the same or simlar experiences and were sitting alongside each other. It made me wonder how many credits are given out after each NCLA cruise.

I must admit that I would not have cruised with NCL or NCLA again had it not been for the credit we recieved but NCL has restored my faith in them following this cruise on the jewel, it was great and we will definantly cruise with NCL again ( but never NCLA)

Wow...talk about mixed feelings reading this thread! It's great to know NCL takes care of passengers and cares about customer service enough to give you and the other passengers a credit after bad experiences...

But then it's awful to see all of you had been on NCLA...and the POA was one of the ships mentioned.

Yikes!

Dare I ask what some of the problems you all encountered were? We're sailing POA in June and I'd just like to try and prepare myself and DH as best we can...

He actually works for another cruise line and we're used to that line's level of service so we're just trying to prepare as best we can for whatever we may encounter on NCLA!

As I did say though--very glad to read NCL took the time and effort to compensate all of you after the bad experiences. That's pretty decent on their part!

Hi John,

I just wanted to say how nice it was to meet you & Liz. Thanks for coming to the Meet & Greet.

Laura

Hi Laura, it was nice to meet both you and your daugter. Hope you had a good trip home. Liz

UMwife 11, The problems we had were mainly with the butler service. We had no special treats delivered, he forgot our breakfast two days, food when it was delivered was barely warm. The ship was fine as was the suite we booked. It was really a lot of little things which on their own would not have been a big problem but when you added them up became very upsetting and annoying. It was especially upsetting as it was our 25th wedding anniversary and we had paid for a once in a lifetime trip.

The other two couples we met talked of poor service throughout the ship and dirty cabins. Also poorly trained staff and the food was not as they thought it should have been.

I do think that NCL responded to our complaint quickly and we were satisfied with the result.

Woodley, I am glad you had a positive experience after a negative one. Yes, the Jewel is a great ship with great crew members. The few negative reviews that pop up about the ship always blow my mind. I know I sound like the perpetual cheerleader and I am to a degree, but there are times when NCL isn't always right; some of the ships leave something to be desired, cetainly not the Jewel. NMnita

Hi John,

Glad to hear that your cruise experience was great this time. It was wonderful to meet you and Liz at the meet & greet and of course, spending time at the Margarita clinic.

We had a wonderful cruise and would definitely cruise with NCL again. Wasn't that thrilled with the food though but I am willing to overlook that because of the great service and professionalism of the NCL crew.

Take care,

Naaz

Archived